Regarding E_docs

sandestination

People seem to have different opinions and telling people all they need is their fun pass and sail and sign card. However that got me looking and the edoc said to Print a funpass for each...Page 6 of edoc's needs to be printed and turned in because one side of the page is the sail and sign account and the other is the guest cruise ticket contract. It says to print and present both. Also if you have transfers through carnival page 4 has that confirmation info for pre and post cruise. Take that so you won't have anyone not having you on the manifest you only need 1 copy. A lot of people were talking about having their room taken away after they requested and did not want to be upgraded. The luggage tag has your room number if you needed proof not that it would do anygood but you would already have your luggage tags..

However:: CAN SOMONE PLEASE TELL ME how are you suppose to keep those paper things on..beats all I've ever seen unless you have a color printer and really firm paper those things would tare off so fast you'd never find your luggage. Which happened to the guy in the cabin next to me on our last cruise. NO LUGGAGE THE WHOLE TRIP>>>Talk about bad things happening that would be the pits.. Someone said they specifically booked an aft and din't get it on day of cruise. I feel realy bad because we asked for a regular balcony it was a guarentee but empty rooms showed so my TA assigned a Balcony room on upper deck ticket said it and when we got there they put us in an aft wrap. It ws wonderful and we were fortunate. I hope they didn't give us someone elses cabin. It was our second cruise, and my birthday...don't know how or why but it was great and I would be sick hearted if I paid for that room specifically had it assigned and lost it. I just hope my gain was not at someone else's lost Got passport today after 3 weeks didn't pay to expidite it either Yeah!!!!!!

To everyone getting ready to sail have a wonderful time. anxiously waiting for 12/8/07:D

People seem to have different opinions and telling people all they need is their fun pass and sail and sign card. However that got me looking and the edoc said to Print a funpass for each...Page 6 of edoc's needs to be printed and turned in because one side of the page is the sail and sign account and the other is the guest cruise ticket contract. It says to print and present both. Also if you have transfers through carnival page 4 has that confirmation info for pre and post cruise. Take that so you won't have anyone not having you on the manifest you only need 1 copy. A lot of people were talking about having their room taken away after they requested and did not want to be upgraded. The luggage tag has your room number if you needed proof not that it would do anygood but you would already have your luggage tags..

However:: CAN SOMONE PLEASE TELL ME how are you suppose to keep those paper things on..beats all I've ever seen unless you have a color printer and really firm paper those things would tare off so fast you'd never find your luggage. Which happened to the guy in the cabin next to me on our last cruise. NO LUGGAGE THE WHOLE TRIP>>>Talk about bad things happening that would be the pits.. Someone said they specifically booked an aft and din't get it on day of cruise. I feel realy bad because we asked for a regular balcony it was a guarentee but empty rooms showed so my TA assigned a Balcony room on upper deck ticket said it and when we got there they put us in an aft wrap. It ws wonderful and we were fortunate. I hope they didn't give us someone elses cabin. It was our second cruise, and my birthday...don't know how or why but it was great and I would be sick hearted if I paid for that room specifically had it assigned and lost it. I just hope my gain was not at someone else's lost Got passport today after 3 weeks didn't pay to expedite it either Yeah!!!!!!

To everyone getting ready to sail have a wonderful time. anxiously waiting for 12/8/07:D

This is what I did:

bagtag.jpg

Very easy and inexpensive. These things are 'Scotch Self-Sealing Laminating Pouches.' You can find them at Wilmar for $2.88 for a package of five. They did wonderfully well and never even came close to failing.

I printed my tags on regular printer paper.

I folded our luggage tags in half and laminated them. Then I used a slot punch to make a hole at the top for the luggage tag strap to go through. You can also use 2" packing tape to cover the luggage tags to make them more sturdy. Then just punch a hole at one end like the previous poster did. You can use the clear luggage tag loops to attach the tags; they are practically indestructible and reusable. Some people have used the heavy rubber bands to attach the tags with good results also. I always put tags on everything, even my pocketbook, camera bag, carryon, etc. I print extra tags and print some at 50% size for the smaller items.

This is what I did:

bagtag.jpg

Very easy and inexpensive. These things are 'Scotch Self-Sealing Laminating Pouches.' You can find them at Wilmar for $2.88 for a package of five. They did wonderfully well and never even came close to failing.

I printed my tags on regular printer paper.

I will get some tomorrow have to go to wally world as my 3 yr old grand-daughter refers to it. Whats TEAM SPLENDOR that's my birthday you sure are booked EARLY:)

OH I have asked and never got an answer What is a Buddy list? If you click on someones name it ask if you want to add them to your buddy list. Is that where you all can talk ( email) to each other without going to a certain post?

I folded our luggage tags in half and laminated them. Then I used a slot punch to make a hole at the top for the luggage tag strap to go through. You can also use 2" packing tape to cover the luggage tags to make them more sturdy. Then just punch a hole at one end like the previous poster did. You can use the clear luggage tag loops to attach the tags; they are practically indestructible and reusable. Some people have used the heavy rubber bands to attach the tags with good results also. I always put tags on everything, even my pocketbook, camera bag, carryon, etc. I print extra tags and print some at 50% size for the smaller items.

Thanks, Macman suggested lamintes can get at walmart and I also have some of that clear packing tape NOTHING gets through that stuff either. Now all I have to do is get another color printer cartridge so it will be orange. Mine ran out of ink. Maybe cheaper to go to kinko's for color tag then buyin a new cartridge. Sometime it's cheaper to buy a printer then a color cartridge :)

I also notice you and a lot of others book a lot of cruises WAY FAR in advance. What's the benefits of booking out so far? I am on these boards so much my husband told me tonight I will be in deep depression when oour cruise is over. I had watched V To G web site for ever watching for a really good deal when I found the one I have....and I got a really good deal but so far in advance isn't there a chance the price might drop a lot before yours gets here??

I will get some tomorrow have to go to wally world as my 3 yr old grand-daughter refers to it. Whats TEAM SPLENDOR that's my birthday you sure are booked EARLY:)

OH I have asked and never got an answer What is a Buddy list? If you click on someones name it ask if you want to add them to your buddy list. Is that where you all can talk ( email) to each other without going to a certain post?

Team Splendor is a CruiseCritic group sailing on the Splendor on April 26, 2009 to the Mexican Riviera. In addition to a good rate there are perks for the team... $100 on board credit, reception with free drinks and a couple other things I can't recall at the moment. Should be a hoot having a bunch of like minded crazies on board Carnival's newest and largest ship...

I also notice you and a lot of others book a lot of cruises WAY FAR in advance. What's the benefits of booking out so far? I am on these boards so much my husband told me tonight I will be in deep depression when oour cruise is over. I had watched V To G web site for ever watching for a really good deal when I found the one I have....and I got a really good deal but so far in advance isn't there a chance the price might drop a lot before yours gets here??

There is a far better chance that the price will rise rather than fall. If it does fall, you can contact a PVP and get on board credits for the difference.

Booking early is the single best way to get a good rate. On rare occasions you can get a good deal booking extremely late but you have to be flexible on ship, port and itinerary.

There is a far better chance that the price will rise rather than fall. If it does fall, you can contact a PVP and get on board credits for the difference.

Booking early is the single best way to get a good rate. On rare occasions you can get a good deal booking extremely late but you have to be flexible on ship, port and itinerary.

Can anyone book the rate on 4/26 or is it to late for the group or is it a private group party

We booked our cruise a year in advance. Our rate is $901 per person (now $936 a person with the new surcharge). That same category is now $1649 a person. I don't expect the price to drop below $901 a person, but if it does, Carnival will do a price adjustment.

Ali's Mom

Can anyone book the rate on 4/26 or is it to late for the group or is it a private group party

It's still open! Deposit is $25/pp until December 7th, I think it is. They just extended the deadline... was Nov 7.

Should be a blast!

Here's the link for the group thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=578944

C'mon in! The water's fine!!!

:D

It's still open! Deposit is $25/pp until December 7th, I think it is. They just extended the deadline... was Nov 7.

Should be a blast!

Here's the link for the group thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=578944

C'mon in! The water's fine!!!

:D

I cked the price from the board you gave... I went on line to carnival to check prices were a small amount cheaper but there site is down called direct but they said they were updating the whole system and it would be a few hours. It also had listed about the up charge of $5 per day per person fuel charge. your board listed I.cat 4a $599 OV6a $715 Balc 8a $859

Vtogo said ov and balc were gty only no cat including fuel charge they wanted $671 for Inside 1A $821 gty OV $961 balc gty I don't know what the lowest cat is for a bal or OV

Carnival had the cheapest but I don't know what cats since they are updating

They showed Inside $549 Ov $669.. $839 for balcony plus the fuel charges

So I am going to check back and see if they have a certain cat and final cost per per. But you are right you do have the cheapest deposits. I wonder if the fuel will be added back in to you all to. So guess I will see later probably tomorrow since they don't know when their web site and computer system will be through up grading.

Appreciate the up date

Oh I just thought you all do have the $100 on board credit, chocolates and cocktail party which will more then make up for their lower cost. Will talk to hubby something else to look forward to. :) :) :)

Lynda

Archived