McDonalds!

April2412

Ok so let me give you my reason first. I love to travel and I always make my boyfriend come with me. His main problem with foreign travel is that he is a man that LOVES his fast food, mainly McDonalds. He usually makes it his mission to find a McDonalds where ever we may be. Most places now have the usual McDonalds, Pizza Hut, KFC, and Starbucks, but sometimes it is still interesting to taste the difference or find the McDonald in some of the smaller places. Does anyone have any fun McDonalds stories?

And my worst McDonalds story is Gatwick airport - it was terrible.

I found the Gatwick McD's helpful on arrival if the ATMs are shut down. I can get something to eat and pay in U$D and get GBPounds in change.

I can understand people's preferences, but I categorically refuse to eat US Fast Food in any other country.

Does anyone have any fun McDonalds stories?

My friend worked in McDonalds for a while as a holiday job.......don't think i can publish those "fun" (?) stories here though!!

Each to their own though and tell your boyfriend not to worry he will have no problem finding "US Fast Food" in any of the Baltic Capitals, even St Petersburg (despite someone trying to blow up one of the McDonalds there last February! http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6374221.stm)

I hope you will also try some local food as well........

Happy travels!

I'm a really picky eater so I've had McDonald's in more countries than I'd ever admit to. Plus with the Euro and Pound the way they are, it's a relatively cheap meal.

My favorite McDonald's was in Guam where for some reason the bun was so fresh and soft that it literally melted in my mouth.

In France, Belgium and Luxembourg there is a hamburger chain called Quick which is a lot like Micky-D's and is very good.

BobK/Orlando

There were two McDonald's that we saw while in Copenhagen. The one across from the City Square was not open for breakfast, however the Central Station was. It was great grabbing breakfast at McDonald's on our way for the train ride to Helsignor the morning of our cruise. Items are a little different there than at home.

My favorite McDonald's was in Guam where for some reason the bun was so fresh and soft that it literally melted in my mouth.

Bread that melts in your mouth........?! I can only imagine what it is made from for that to happen!?! Yuck!

I went to Chennai, India for two days on business. I went on very short notice and did not have time to get the shots. In order to keep from getting sick while in India, I simply avoided eating. It just 48 hours.. right?

I've never been happier to see McD's than at Terminal One at Paris-CDG.

Rick

While on an excursion in Brazil, we as we passed a McDonalds, our guide advised that we were passing the American Embassy! (she said it in a joking manner).

It is amazing how pervasive McDonalds is around the world (Starbucks is not far behind). Directly across from the medieval gates in Tallinn is a McDonalds.

Someone told me that in Turkey the meat for Mc Donald can include leftover lamb pieces but no pork. Beef is expensive in a lot of countries.

I wouldn't be surprised to find dog meat in Vietnam, horsemeat in Ireland and kangaroo chops in Australia. How would you like to find chimp meat in your African Mc Donald hamburger?

Why would anyone be so dumb to eat fat and risky food at any Mc Donald, especially abroad?

McDonalds has excellent quality-control and you won't find any of those things in their hamburgers anywhere. I know in India where cows are sacred, they don't serve beef burgers and they don't advertise them as hamburgers. There may be other exceptions too. But if there's a hamburger on the menu, you'll get 100% beef.

BTW, dog meet is very expensive in the Asian countries that serve it so they're not going to sneak it into your meal.

BobK/Orlando

Why would anyone be so dumb to eat fat and risky food at any Mc Donald, especially abroad?

Why eat at McDonalds at home?!

But if there's a hamburger on the menu, you'll get 100% beef. BobK/Orlando

That maybe true, but just don't ask from which part of the cow it came from!!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived