Boston Duck

sdf89

You can order tickets on their site or by calling them up to a week in advance. I have been advised that anytime a ship in in port, never assume you can walk up to anything as popular as the duck tour, so I will be ordering them in advance. I dont imagine that on a weekday it would be sold out if you tried to walk up, but you just never know.

You are absolutely going to love the Boston Ducks! We went on the tour about 3 years ago. The tour guide we had must have been an aspiring comedian. He was hilarious. You see lots of the downtown area. Since traffic is so bad you get a bird's eye view without the driving. Every time you pass another duck you blow the duck whistle they give you. I know it sounds weird but it is really funny. As you can tell I thought it was well worth the money.

We are going to Alaska next June on the Coral Princess. We are staying in Seattle before the trip and the first thing I did when I checked out hotels was to see if they have the Ducks. Yippee - they do! We are definitely going to check it out.

Have fun,:) :) :)

I wish I could buy my tickets for the duck tour in advance. 5 days ahead is the max. allowed. We'll be on our cruise at that time. We dock in Boston at 9:00 A.M. Aftaid by the time we get to our hotel all tours will be sold out. Perhaps we could order on the internet, but you have to print out your ticket. Do the ships have printers for our use?

Yes, ship computers do have printer. However, the duck internet ticket order site seemed so quirky for me. Long pauses, erratic... and I have DSL at home.

The key is whether you are in Boston on weekend or weekday. If you are there on a weekend, I would do whatever it takes to get your tickets in advance. If it is a weekday, you can try on the ship to do it, but not sweat it much if not. I think if a particular hour fills, you would probably be able to go within an hour.

A caution: our ship was 2 hours late to Boston, and we had to reschedule. They repeatedly told me that the ticket was not refundable, but on my begging, refunded the original ticket and we bought new ones.

The tour was great... one of the highlights of our entire cruise.

[quote name='TheWog']Glad you had a great time. Boston is beautiful. Did you quack at anybody?:D[/QUOTE]
Absolutely. Also, you would be interested to know that our driver was a rabid Red Sox fan and taught us a lot about the team, history. You got the feeling that he thinks about the Sox alllll the time!

[quote name='mirrajay']You can always call and order tickets as well...You dont need to do it over the internet. 617-267-DUCK(3825)[/QUOTE]
MIrrajay: we were specifically told you could not order tickets by phone unless a group of a significant size...

[quote name='sdf89']Absolutely. Also, you would be interested to know that our driver was a rabid Red Sox fan and taught us a lot about the team, history. You got the feeling that he thinks about the Sox alllll the time![/QUOTE]
I think we all do. Especially only 3.5 back of that Yanks in September with the series coming to Fenway this weekend. :D

• 4 months later...
DUCK tours use WWII era amphibious vehicles -- they give you a tour of a city or area on the streets, then go into the water (the Charles River, for Boston) for a tour from that angle.

There's lots of info about this kind of tour on the Internet, go to Google and enter "Duck Tour".

You can also pick up the duck tours at the Museum of Science in Cambridge. The MOS is essentially on a bridge in the Charles River just in between Boston and Cambridge. Depending on what else you want to see while you are in Boston, it might be a better option for taking the Duck Tour from there. The other place that the duck tour leaves from is the Prudential Center in Back Bay.

We are arriving in Boston on the Galaxy on September 29th. We were wondering how far it is to get to the pickup station for the Duck?

• 1 month later...
Howdy!
Just wanted to post my wonderful experience on the Boston Duck Tour.
Having lived in Boston, it was many years before I hopped aboard!!

It was the funniest, most educational and nuttiest thing that I had probably ever done in Boston. It is a blast!!

Our conducktor was Dr Quack!! She was dressed as a duck doctor and had a sense of humor that belonged on stage!! She had us quacking and laughing and peeing our pants!!!

Don't miss one of these special Boston delights!!!

Oh, and I forget to mention, she let me drive the boat/amphibian when we were cruising around the Charles River Basin......so if your conducktor asks for a volunteer.........raise both hands and start shouting and squirming with glee all over the place and you too can be an honorary Duck Driver too!!!

I give it 10 stars!!!!! **********
:D

Archived