Carnival in St Thomas!

Alan2504

We were on the Triumph a few weeks ago and were the first to leave St Thomas but it was still close to dusk. As we were pulling out the other two ships put their lights on, what a fabulous sight it was to pull away from the two of them and then to watch the Liberty pass the Glory. We had an aft balcony and felt like we could almost reach out and touch the Glory. Truly a wonderful sight if you ever get to see it.

We were on the Triumph a few weeks ago and were the first to leave St Thomas but it was still close to dusk. As we were pulling out the other two ships put their lights on, what a fabulous sight it was to pull away from the two of them and then to watch the Liberty pass the Glory. We had an aft balcony and felt like we could almost reach out and touch the Glory. Truly a wonderful sight if you ever get to see it.

You must've been there when we were there 4 weeks ago. :)

2304071010055171848S425x425Q85.jpg

2261212740055171848S425x425Q85.jpg

I've been also checking cruisecal, there will only be 3 ships in St thomas the day we are there, i'm so happy, i have been when there were 6 ships in port, not even enough room to walk around town:(

To make it even better, we will be the only ship in each of the other 5 Islands we will be visiting:)

We have friends on the Liberty thats there in St. Thomas right now.

About 2 weeks ago we were there on the Triumph and when we came back to board our ship, the Glory was in and I said 'Wow we were right here last year on the Glory'. We pulled out just as dark and it was so pretty to see the Glory all lit up.

There is another pier in st thomas that houses Princess and Hal at times.

(Crown Bay is the name of the pier)

We were in port with 7 ships. I didnt feel crowded or overwhelmed. I dont know if thats because we came from Crown Bay instead

Great shots Meredith, I think I can see me waving from the aft balcony. See the second shot how some of the rooms are lit up? DH and I were watching the Glory and trying to make words out of lines of rooms lit up, we should suggest it to Carnival for one of their commercials. :)

When I checked Cruisecal last week, it looks like there will be two other Carnival ships in Belize with us when we're on the Miracle in January. I believe it will be the Legend and the Valor. Too bad we won't be docked, but it will be neat to see us all anchored.

The first time I saw a cruise ship up close and in person was when we were in Cozumel about 15 years ago. We were coming back over on the ferry from Playa del Carmen. It was dark and we passed a Carnival ship all lit up and we could hear the music and see the people on the top deck getting ready to sail away. I wanted on the ship right then. It was another 10 years before I got on one but I love to see the ships at night with their lights on.

We were there on Tuesday (on the Glory) and we were lined up behind the Triumph and the Liberty! It was so neat but I could not get a picture of all of them. Based on what the guy who did our excursion told us it only happens every 21 days.

The Liberty only does that itinerary every 4 weeks, so it'd have to be every 28 days.

It was a very cool sight to see not only 3 Carnival ships, but 3 ships of almost the same class (they looked identical from the outside even though they aren't on the inside!).

Too bad you couldn't get a photo of all three! I didn't save the cam photo, or I'd send it to you. We were all pretty much drooling on the boards. lol

I hope you had a good time! :D

I have a picture of all three! I was in St. Thomas on the Liberty when all three were at port! It was a beautiful site. Especially atop of the mountain were Sunny Listin tours made the first picture stop. You can see everything up there! I will have to post the pictures when I dl them!

Archived