Customer serrvice?

kiracat424

We cruised the Elation in July and had a miserable experience that I sent in a long letter to Carnival on July 28th. No response. No nothin'. I was hoping to at least get a "thanks for the information note". I have had problems with Carnival before but keep hoping they get better. Guess it is my fault for trusting them again.:(

We cruised the Elation in July and had a miserable experience that I sent in a long letter to Carnival on July 28th. No response. No nothin'. I was hoping to at least get a "thanks for the information note". I have had problems with Carnival before but keep hoping they get better. Guess it is my fault for trusting them again.:(

It can take them up to 6 weeks to generate a response. Since they have been dealing with higher priority things lately, you may want to just allow some more time.

You may or may not receive a response. It does take a long time though... especially during hurricane season. It depends on what your letter was like and the complaints you listed. They get hundreds and hundreds of letters each day... good and bad. Did you indicate anything that would need a response? If so, give it some time... if you were just listing observations, you may not get a response. If you were very specific and your complaints warrant a response, it could take a while... just give it time. It is good to send along anything that was that terrible as it helps them to improve customer service, it is also good to include the "positives" as well...

you may get a response, but it may take a while... coming off a very busy summer and now dealing with much bigger issues...

Kiracat, I'm sorry you had a miserable experience on your recent cruise, but you don't say what kind of problems you experienced. Did you enjoy anything about the cruise or was it all negative? When listing specific problems in letters to Carnival (there have only been two, very minor) I've also been sure to state the positive aspects of my cruise experience. You know the old saying that a little sugarcoating goes a long way toward swallowing a bitter pill. I've also written when I've had an unusually wonderful experience too! Have usually heard back from Carnival within six to eight weeks but due to Hurricane Frances, they are probably a little behind in responding to long letters of complaint. Be patient; if you had valid complaints you will hear from Carnival, and will most likely be offered some sort of perq. They certainly came through for me each time. May all your future cruises be wonderful.

I was on the Elation for the January 25, 2004 cruise. We sent a letter listing all of the good as well as the bad and it did take Carnival a couple of months to reply, but when they did they sent a gift certificate to be used on my next cruise. We are sailing again on May 8, 2005 on the Conquest. Be patient, I am confident they will reply to you. I must agree with the other posts, hurricanes are taking their resources now and the demeaner of the letter may influence the response.

Archived