AOS Incident that I had and how RCCL Responded

shorbr

Just to let you know when you address complaints to the cruise lines, they do respond. This is what was sent to me. I just wrote them about 2 weeks ago...even though what happened occured last December 2006.

Thank you for your inquiry through the Internet regarding the above-referenced cruise on the Adventure of the Seas. As a Crown & Anchor Society Gold member, we especially value your patronage of Royal Caribbean International and appreciate this opportunity to respond to any concerns.

Royal Caribbean International has built a foundation on the premise of customer service excellence and we appreciate the time you have taken to express your enjoyment of the cruise and the service received. Every sailing is orchestrated with the intent of providing our guests with the highest standard of service possible and the most memorable vacation experience. Our primary goal is for each guest to enjoy the best possible cruise vacation and we are pleased that we exceeded your expectations. It is gratifying to know that our crew and the service they rendered were instrumental in providing you with a positive experience. Your kind words serve as recognition of our service and an inspiration to commit ourselves to continued excellence. We are pleased that our Guest Relations Department was able to quickly correct the problem with the staff member entering your stateroom without your providing him permission. Further, we apologize for that disruption.

Ms. xxxxxxx, once again, thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We look forward to welcoming you and your friends onboard the Majesty of the Seas in January 2008 for your celebration cruise.

Sincerely,

Iva Marc

Corporate Guest Relations

My cabin mate and I had complained about the room not being cool. About 10 minutes later there was a knock on the door, we responded... just a minute because we were not fully clothed yet the staff member just used his key to come in. Okay, we let this go. This happened two more times and my room-mate and I felt this was an invasion of privacy, because he never let us respond to the door knocks. Now mind you, its not that far to walk to the door, but I thought this was a bit much. So after the third time, I reported it to the front desk. About two hours later an air-conditioning employee came to fix the problem... Personally, it made me feel afraid that he had such gumption to just use the key instead of waiting for one of us to open the door. We received numerous follow-up calls and the assurance that this will never happen again...which it didn't.

I had just recently wrote that letter and just wanted them to know that I along with my friends would be celebrating my being a survivor from breast cancer and that I did not let that incident sully my view of RCCL and will be sailing again with them again in January.

I'm still waiting for a response. I filled out the survey & requested a response. I spoke with guest relations onboard. I spoke with the loyalty ambassador. I wrote a letter. No response. Some of my concerns could have been resolved onboard, but were not. I will add that the loyalty ambassador & dining room staff were exceptional & did their best to accommodate us. I am not a whiner. What I'm talking about here were safety issues!! If I don't soon get a response, I will address my concerns on this board. I am a diamond member & this was the first cruise that I didn't totally enjoy!

Just to let you know when you address complaints to the cruise lines, they do respond. This is what was sent to me. I just wrote them about 2 weeks ago...even though what happened occured last December 2006.

Thank you for your inquiry through the Internet regarding the above-referenced cruise on the Adventure of the Seas. As a Crown & Anchor Society Gold member, we especially value your patronage of Royal Caribbean International and appreciate this opportunity to respond to any concerns.

Royal Caribbean International has built a foundation on the premise of customer service excellence and we appreciate the time you have taken to express your enjoyment of the cruise and the service received. Every sailing is orchestrated with the intent of providing our guests with the highest standard of service possible and the most memorable vacation experience. Our primary goal is for each guest to enjoy the best possible cruise vacation and we are pleased that we exceeded your expectations. It is gratifying to know that our crew and the service they rendered were instrumental in providing you with a positive experience. Your kind words serve as recognition of our service and an inspiration to commit ourselves to continued excellence. We are pleased that our Guest Relations Department was able to quickly correct the problem with the staff member entering your stateroom without your providing him permission. Further, we apologize for that disruption.

Ms. xxxxxxx, once again, thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We look forward to welcoming you and your friends onboard the Majesty of the Seas in January 2008 for your celebration cruise.

Sincerely,

Iva Marc

Corporate Guest Relations

There is no excuse for anyone to receive a prompt reply for any concerns or problems they may have. Even if this letter was a form letter, it was well written, and I am glad you received it promptly.:)

Royal Caribbean International is a business, and we pay for our cruises

-- of course, if they want to give one to us for free, we won't kick. If they don't address your concerns promptly -- by word and in person, if warranted -- next time you cruise you may go somewhere else, and their is enough competition today.

In response to a recent letter I wrote to RCI, they responded with a phone call to me. I didn't even provide my phone number on the letter, so they had to take the time to look it up through my reservation.

For about 15-20 minutes, we discussed how to resolve certain issues (also on AOS). I was very pleasantly surprised by the phone call and entire discussion.

Huge kudos to RCI for their response.

In response to a recent letter I wrote to RCI, they responded with a phone call to me. I didn't even provide my phone number on the letter, so they had to take the time to look it up through my reservation.

For about 15-20 minutes, we discussed how to resolve certain issues (also on AOS). I was very pleasantly surprised by the phone call and entire discussion.

Huge kudos to RCI for their response.

Yes, they had to also take the time to look up my past reservation number because I didn't note that on the letter.

Can't wait to cruise with them again in January.

I sent a letter to RCCL, and cc'd Goldstein and Fain, about the wonderful service we received on Serenade thru the Canal and also about a MINOR problem we encountered. Within 18 hours I had an e-mail and a phone call from Godstein and Fain's exec. ass't. They were very, very nice and we talked for about 30 minutes each.

I was really impressed with the level of customer service I received. So go ahead and call me a cheerleader.....:D YEAH-RAH!!!!!!

Archived