Free Luggage from Princess?

bippy bj

We are sailing on the Island on Dec 4. On the summary page it said we were to recieve Samsonite luggage value $365 on Dec 4.

My hubby thought this was a joke. He says who needs more luggage after you are already aboard?

Anyone recieve this? What is it?

Thanks!!

bj

I flew to Conn. this weekend.. In the Security Line I noticed a family with the above luggage (which is what Princess Promo is oferring)..........the luggage looked REALLY nice.........now I am excited that some in my family Alaska Cruise will be getting this.

I was told it would be shipped to your home 30 days before your cruise - my cruise is in Aug. so I suppose Princess will have it figured out by then - those that have this Promo and are sailing earlier - Princess said they were "behind" and wouldn't start shipping until end of Nov. ????

I too am anxious to hear what thoughts are when they receive their luggage..............

I guess we'll just have to 'stay tuned'. :)

Renee (aka GotToCruise)

We are sailing on the Island on Dec 4. On the summary page it said we were to recieve Samsonite luggage value $365 on Dec 4.

My hubby thought this was a joke. He says who needs more luggage after you are already aboard?

Anyone recieve this? What is it?

Thanks!!

bj

We are also on the Island Princess on Dec 4th. We have a roll call set up at

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=12377031#post12377031

Come on over an join us.

• 2 weeks later...

I've read others writing about a Princess promotion, involving a $100 OBC and some luggage. Is that what we're talking about?

When I booked our Mar. cruise on Dawn Princess, my wife said she thought we had some sort of credit on Princess. I said no, because we had never sailed on Princess before. We have sailed on Carnival and Holland America.

However, when I looked at my cruise personalizer, it shows a $100 OBC, listed as "Promotional". So, I guess my wife was right. I do remember getting a flyer from Princess months ago, but I dismissed it because I didn't book from the flyer.

So, should I expect to get some luggage from Princess after I make final payment?

Hi Gotocruise --

Was it more than one piece of luggage? Like a set? Curious because I'm a TA and have 2 friends sailing on a cruise so only 1 person gets the luggage and I'm hoping more than 1 piece so they can divvy them up? Thanks!

Sorry - Princess told me only (1) pc. of luggage per cabin..............:(

I had to switch (4) girl cousins around as (2) with the luggage promo were in the same cabin - Now, after the switch, each one that got the offer will get (1) pc. of the luggage as they are each now booked with (1) cousin that did NOT get the offer.......:)

(they will change cabins back after they board) :p

We also have (1) male cousin going single - so he's alright with the (1) pc. of luggage Promo for his cabin!:rolleyes:

Noblepa - I think you should call Princess or your TA and have your "Promotional" credit assigned to your March sailing and it should show up that way on your Circle Savings acct. or you may never see it ! :rolleyes:

I am not certain how long this promo goes and if indeed it will be applied to all cruises and passengers. As for how many pieces, I have been told it is a set, not just one piece. I guess we will have to wait and hear from someone who has recieved it. I also was told 2 stories about arrival: 1-it would arrive prior to sailing and 2-it would be in our cabin the first night.

Nita

I was told, after just booking on the Ruby Princess for 2/09, that it was one peice of Samsonite luggage and it would arrive before the cruise. She didn't know exactly when, but indicated she thought at least two weeks prior. Couldn't tell me the size - just that it 8" deep (sounds like a carry-on?) - said was worth about $365.

This was through a Princess rep. Will probably transfer the booking later on since the cruise is so far out.

Kaye

I was told, after just booking on the Ruby Princess for 2/09, that it was one peice of Samsonite luggage and it would arrive before the cruise. She didn't know exactly when, but indicated she thought at least two weeks prior. Couldn't tell me the size - just that it 8" deep (sounds like a carry-on?) - said was worth about $365.

This was through a Princess rep. Will probably transfer the booking later on since the cruise is so far out.

Kaye

Interesting, I was planning on getting DH luggage for Christmas, now I am not certain what to do. It is hard to believe one piece of luggage, regardless of the brand could have a value of $365. I just hope someone comes on soon that has recieved it.

Nita

I just called Princess regarding something else and then asked about any promotions since we booked our cruise a couple of months ago, but haven't heard if we qualified for any promotions. She said we would receive Samsonite luggage, same thing, it's 1 piece for the 2 of us and was valued at over $300, so im thinking the same thing, what piece of luggage could be worth that much???

I just called Princess regarding something else and then asked about any promotions since we booked our cruise a couple of months ago, but haven't heard if we qualified for any promotions. She said we would receive Samsonite luggage, same thing, it's 1 piece for the 2 of us and was valued at over $300, so im thinking the same thing, what piece of luggage could be worth that much???

I think it is not really worth $300 plus, what do you think? maybe it is time to get new luggage and forget about this great deal?

Nita

the $365 value is the full retail price. nobody pays retail. LOL. i see 50% off sales on samsonite all the time. i like the brand, and own a couple pieces of it. it has lasted very well.

i plan on selling my free luggage on ebay or craigslist. i do not need any more.

Although I haven't received mine yet, another post indicated it was a 24" Outline 8 suitcase. The Samsonite site doesn't list a 24" in this line, but does have a 25" - compare at price $370. If I remember right from the flyer I received from Princess it is blue.

http://www.samsonitecompanystores.com/webapp/scs/servlet/SItemDisplay?productId=250644&storeId=10151&langId=-1&keyword=outline&pc=

Joe

Although I haven't received mine yet, another post indicated it was a 24" Outline 8 suitcase. The Samsonite site doesn't list a 24" in this line, but does have a 25" - compare at price $370. If I remember right from the flyer I received from Princess it is blue.

http://www.samsonitecompanystores.com/webapp/scs/servlet/SItemDisplay?productId=250644&storeId=10151&langId=-1&keyword=outline&pc=

Joe

i hope it isn't blue. i'll never be able to sell a blue suitcase on ebay.

Joe

Joe, that helps a lot. I think I will try and get a couple samsonite pieces for DH That will come close anyway.

Again thanks,

Nita

Archived