Hubby's dinner attire

deanchrs

We are cruising on the Liberty Jan 27. I am planning on two formal nights, which my husband will be wearing a suit, and he's fine with that. I love dressing up since I am a daycare provider and never get a chance to be dressy. I am planning on wearing casual dresses to dinner the other nights, will it be ok for my husband to wear khacki shorts and a polo to dinner?

Agree with CB. Just about every cruiseline, even Carnival - the most casual - requests that cruisers not wear shorts to the dining room at dinner.

He'll look very out of place. And it won't be so hot that a pair of pants will have him sweating.

RCI has relaxed their rules and allows "nice" shorts for dinner. Not sure if they spell that out but my RCI District Sales Manager told me this a few months ago when I mentioned my dismay at seeing them worn on my last few RCI cruises. I think they don't belong in the dining room personally but you will see them being worn. He will be in the minority for sure.

RCI has relaxed their rules and allows "nice" shorts for dinner. Not sure if they spell that out but my RCI District Sales Manager told me this a few months ago when I mentioned my dismay at seeing them worn on my last few RCI cruises. I think they don't belong in the dining room personally but you will see them being worn. He will be in the minority for sure.

That's pretty sad, because now the cruiselines have to ask maitre' D's to be fashion police.

You and I - and many others here - know the difference between a pair of fresh, crisp "nice shorts" and a casual pair that look appropriate for washing the car. Unfortunately, too many people don't, and I can just see them walking their ugly selves into the dining room now with a "these ARE my nice shorts" attitude. Ugh!

The way people dress can only go downhill even more. People have been wearing what I wouldn't call nice shorts before the rule was relaxed so what will they push it with now, gym shorts?

I'm so tired of hearing "it's MY vacation blah, blah, blah".

Dang, could have lived in my blissful little world without knowing that. Too bad, won't be long until I feel like I'm in McDonald's on the ship.

Dang, could have lived in my blissful little world without knowing that. Too bad, won't be long until I feel like I'm in McDonald's on the ship.

Yes, it's a shame, isn't it? And I have already seen some of the "nice" shorts" . They include swim baggies with worn out flip flops and untucked, unpressed t shirts. Now that it is officially ok, people will push the envelope much like has happened with jeans.

There is a world of difference between a great fitting pair of dressy jeans worn with proper shoes and top and the baggy, holey ones that are worn by some because jeans are now allowed. Princess has modified their jean policy to say that jeans are ok, just no rips and they need to be clean (I forget the wording). That will result in people wearing sloppy jeans to dinner on their ships as well. Pair them with filthy tennis shoes and worn out flip flops and dinner attire has reached a new low.

Sad, isn't it?:(

Archived