Which Cruise Line for 7 adults?

WinnieinWA

I want to take my 3 adult kids and their spouses on a 7 day pre Christmas cruise in 2008 and would like to hear from anyone who has sailed different lines to tell me which line you think is best for all around cruising? I'm planning early so I have plenty of time to save my moolah!

Age range is 57, 29, 31 and 40.

Important things to us are:

Really Good food :D

Nice pool

Not very many children

Fun daytime activities while at sea

Good evening entertainment

I know this is subjective but I have only cruised on NCL so have nothing to compare. Any information about any cruise line would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! :)

26 days until I cruise NCL Dawn:)

We took our group of children of similar ages on the QM2 to clebrate a cruise we had taken with them when they were much, much younger on the QE2. This time they all came with apendages! If you book the "cheap seats" it is not that expensive and almost all the cabins are a very good size, the food is excellent and there is plenty to do. Cunard is not a "cruise fun ship" atmosphere, but the entertainment etc. is very good. We had no complaints:)

B

If you are looking for something that is all inclusive, I say try Regent; very few children. We are doing a New Year's cruise on Navigator this year and are really looking forward to not having a big bill at the end of this 11 day trip. Another option, in the luxury line arena would be Crystal; we cruised them a couple of years ago, only a handful of children but it is not all inclusive. Everything was wonderful and didn't mind the big bill at the end of the trip. If you are more interested in a mass market line, then I would suggest Celebrity or Holland America. You don't say what itinerary you are interested in; I've assumed Caribbean - all of these lines have options in December 2008. Come back and let us know what you decided.

I would "poll" the family and see what they would like to try! Go by a travel agency and pick up some brochures for the different lines. (You can order them, but they sometimes take awhile to be sent!) Let everyone in on the fun of planning!

I'd suggest taking a look at the line offerings online as "fun planned activities" during the day will be difficult for anyone but you to guage.

I think at that time of year there won't be many kids anywhere.

I agree with a PP that letting everyone in on planning could be fun - BUT, set some ground rules, like, you have total veto power!

Good luck, have fun!

Royal Caribbean offers great variety to Sports minded individuals..especially on the bigger ships in the fleet.

As mentioned in a previous post, not many kids that time of year, providing it is a few weeks before Christmas.

Archived