Fishing in Tahiti & Bora Bora

Deac1966

Has anyone gone fishing (charter) in either Tahiti or Bora Bora? Could you share your experiences and give me some direction in contacting the charters and the costs involved? I will be sailing on the TP in March and I am looking forward to some deep sea fishing.

We were in Bora Bora pre cruise and fished with Tepau on the boat Luna Sea, a 34 ft BlackWatch. Price was $1200 plus tip. This is really the only offshore choice in Bora Bora except for a 50 ft catamaran, Taravana, owned by the same person, Richard Postma. Cost of this was $1600, but was a 2 hrs shorter trip. The catamaran also does sunset sails and its pretty neat to see the 130# class fighting chairs on each side of the catamaran. Definately recommend this sunset cruise on Taravana.

Taravana actually won the Tahtian Billfish Tournament last year and Luna Sea came in second. We were there in early April and caught and released a nice blue marlin as well as numerous yellowfin tuna to 75#, 50# dolphin and even a wahoo. We enjoyed it so much that we fished with them again when the cruise stopped there the following week and caught another blue. Boat is in nice shape, finest quality tackle and lures, and crew was great. I'll find his card and post tel. number later.

• 2 years later...

Archived