Transportation from Miami airport to cruise ship terminal

belfast13

we booked a transfer thru carnival, it will pick us up at the airport, we jsut have to take the hotel shuttle back to the airport and wait for them to get us...it was $28 for 2 of us.....

You can get to the pier for less than you paid Carnival and more importantly you won't have to jump thru hoops to get there. If I were you, I'd cancel their shuttle and just cab it. You'll save a ton of time and get from point a to point b without a wait.. while others are waiting for the big buses to load.

MIA to/from Port of Miami is $24 per taxi, plus tip. (subject to change but still good last I heard)

This flat rate fare is posted in the taxis

taxi are plentiful at the airport and the port

check the transportation page at MIA web site to confirm....

Thanks Capt BJ,

that's exactly the info I was looking for today. Just booked a hotel at MIA and was looking for the cost to the port. Taxi is definitely the way to go.

Thanks again.

note - the flat rate is for AIRPORT to/fm PORT

a hotel that describes itself as being an airport location is not THE AIRPORT per the definition....a taxi there will be metered. The cost will be similar but will vary. To the best of my knowledge there is only one hotel in the airport proper....if that's where you are no biggie.

If at an 'airport location' hotel you could take the airport shuttle back to the AIRPORT then take a taxi to the port @ flat rate.

I wouldn't bother but if it makes a diff' to u.....

• 1 year later...
Is the taxi charge a flat rate for everyone in taxi? Not per person? Can the taxis carry 4 people (with luggage)?

The taxi charge is a flat rate NOT per person. I don't know if a regular taxi could hold 4 + luggage but they can certainly hold 3 + luggage.

Good Luck

• 3 years later...

If you have the time and want some adventure it is possible to go to/from the Miami airport to the cruise port in one hour for only $2 per person, but it may take a 20 minute walk over the bridge. So if you pack lightly and have wheels on your bag it is not that bad, especially on a sunny day when the temperature is reasonable. Here's the plan: From the airport take the Metrorail for $2 to the downtown Government Center. Get off the train and walk over to the Metro Mover (free) and take the Omni Line north to the Freedom Tower stop. From there it is a two block walk to the bridge and then the hike over the bridge (wide safe sidewalk). There is also a Metro Bus #243 that operates only during the rush hours that serves the port from the Metrorail Overtown train station. Since the morning route ends around 9am it may not be a viable option. However, on the return trip you may pick it up and save the walk, but do check the time for the last bus. Good luck and enjoy the scenery, Miami is a beautiful city.

Oh my goodness, you resurrected a 5 1/2 year old thread, with old pricing and (in my opinion) poor advice to walk into the Port of Miami? I would never do it and I would never advise anyone with luggage to do it.

A cab from the airport to the cruise terminal is a FLAT rate of either $24 or $25 per cab (there have been varying reports) plus tip for up to 4 passengers.

Archived