Serenade Review 11/10/2007 (long)

lovemylab

Hi Autumn3,

Can you tell me what they served in the dining room on formal nights? Also, were you allowed to wear jeans on the first night in the dining room?

Thanks

Here are the menu's: http://www.thepreismans.com/Freedom_menus.htm

I know these say Freedom menu's but the same ones were used on the Serenade (in the same order). The first formal night is the Captain's Gala Dinner.

I am not sure about the jeans. The compass did specify casual for the dining room however I didn't see anyone wearing jeans. It was very warm in San Juan so most people were wearing something light and comfortable (I couldn't imagine wearing jeans in that weather). We received our luggage around 3:30pm so we had lots of time to change into something nice for dinner.

Re: the Piton Pivot. I have seen copies of the Compass's from Dec 2006. The ship was leaving St. Lucia at 5:30pm during that time as well and those sailings did see it. I was always told that in the past the captain would speed up to get to them before it got dark (it is still light enough to see them after the sunsets). On this sailing the ship was going VERY slow as it left St. Lucia. At one of the Q&A's onboard the captain was asked whether he burns a lot more fuel when the ship is sailing faster and the answer was a definite yes. So with that being said, I feel this was eliminated as a way to cut down on fuel costs.

Archived