Cost of transfer from ship to airport in Venice

FLJudi

There are 4 of us traveling together and will be going to Marco Polo airport from the ship for an 8:00am flight. What are Oceania's transfer costs per person? Will it be cheaper to get a water taxi and share? Key point is that we are traveling with a senior over 85 and some bad backs(knees, etc) that precludes walking very far with luggage.

Are water taxis available early enough for the 8AM flight? Do we need to book in advance, or is the day before enough?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Forget the water taxi as they are not nearly s convenient as a regular taxi. We paid 22 euros from the airport to the ship in a very comfortable taxi which could accommodate the 4 of you, provided you don't have more than one bag and one carry-on each. When you exit the airport ask several of the drivers for a flat rate to the ship.:)

Forget the water taxi as they are not nearly s convenient as a regular taxi. We paid 22 euros from the airport to the ship in a very comfortable taxi which could accommodate the 4 of you, provided you don't have more than one bag and one carry-on each. When you exit the airport ask several of the drivers for a flat rate to the ship.:)

I agree with Orchestrapal. This is the cheapest and quickest way of getting to the airport unless of course you want to go by water taxi where it would probably cost well over 100Euros. It is an unforgettable trip but I am sure you would rather do the journey for less money. :)

Jennie

Another option you have is to book in advance for a car to be there for your group. My husband and I did this for just the two of us based on a recommendation from a prior traveler. It was great. Got off the ship, he drove up to the building where you have to get your checked luggage, and then on to the airport. We thought the price was reasonable - around 60 Euros. We paid by credit card. That was a year ago so I'm sure the prices have gone up, but we were certainly pleased with their service.

We had an early flight and he picked us up very early (5:00 a.m.) There were not any taxi's waiting when we left that early. Might be different if you were going airport to ship, but I understood your post to be ship to airport.

Here's who we used: www.venice-limousine.com

Enjoy your cruise, Pat

Archived