How dressed up are people on non formal nights (5 day Baja cruise)?

March Cruiser

We sailed on Princess this last March and based my cruise fashion planning ;) on how people were dressed then. Now I am getting travel docs and stuff (we are going with a large group)and they are describing dress as casual (with no shorts or tshirts or bathing suits) for dinner every night except formal night.

Are jeans allowed in the dining room? Will I be overdressed in a dress, not a formal, but a knee length nice dress, like what I would wear to a nice restaturant at home?

Chandra

Jeans are not encouraged in the dining room at dinner, but many lines are relaxing their rules and allowing them if tasteful. As for formal night, wear your best. You will then find that every young girl will have brought every prom formal she owns and will wear a different one each night AFTER the formal night. You will never be able to go up or down the fancy stairway in the atrium because it will always be occupied by groups having formal photos taken. What you would wear to a nice restaurant at home will do nicely for non-formal nights. E.

Formal night attire ranges from gown and tuxedo, to pants suit and dockers w/dress shirt. There is no strictly enforced policy. Last week I saw an entire table on formal night where the women wore slacks and skirts and the men were wearing khakis and short sleeved shirts. Jeans are frowned upon. Wear what makes you feel good. They won't turn you away.:cool:

My first cruise I wore a formal dress and couldn't wait to change. I also wore a casual pant suit once and a casual skirt and nice top another time. These were all fine. No one gave me dirty looks or made comments. My husband chooses to wear a suit because it's the only time he gets to but I think a shirt, tie and dockers are fine. My 11 year old son wears a button down shirt and cargo pants, no tie.

Archived