How long does it take ?

RedStilettos

How long does it take to get off the ship when the fun is over? I have to book our return shuttle.

Ship arrives back in Miami at 8am. My flight home in Ft. Lauderdale (45 mins drive I think?) leaves at 3:30pm.

What time should I tell the shuttle to pick me up at?

Everyone must be off the ship by 10am--they have a whole new batch of people to board! You have a looooong day ahead of you--you'll probably be off the ship by 9am.

If you can change your flight to something earlier, you will be a much happier camper!

It is pretty standard advice to not book a flight prior to 12 noon. Most of the time you will be off the ship in the area of 9 -9:30 but there are times when there are delays that are out of your control and nothing you can do about it.

Ship can arrive back late, people may not have paid their bills and no one leaves until bills are paid, the ship could be delayed being cleared by Authorities and no one leaves until ship is cleared.....

You are correct to allow at least 45 minutes to transfer from Miami to FLL. Depending upon how many ships are in port (FLL and Miami) on a given day, the airports can be chaos and take a long time to clear security.

Everyone must be off the ship by 10am--they have a whole new batch of people to board! You have a looooong day ahead of you--you'll probably be off the ship by 9am.

If you can change your flight to something earlier, you will be a much happier camper!

or you could do a Miami excursion & see some sights while "wasting" time...

I would recommend booking an excursion after your cruise. That way you can see some of South Florida (the Everglades, Miami Beach etc). They will get you to the airport with plenty of time for your flight, but you won't be sitting around an airport all day. At FLL, the earliest you can check in is 4 hours before your flight (some airlines it's 2 hours) so you really don't want to get to the airport too early.

Archived