Anyone cruised the week after Thanksgiving?

vcooley

We are considering a cruise for our Honeymoon next year. We will most likely get married the Friday or Saturday after Thanksgiving then head off for the honeymoon...I was just curious if anyone had ever cruised during the week after the holiday? Are there a TON of kids? We were considering Liberty or Freedom but aren't sure. Any thoughts?:rolleyes:

We cruised the week after Thanksgiving a few years ago, it was a wonderful time to go, absolulty perfect weather, the seas were like glass, and there were not a lot kids on board. The prices are also very reasonable for this week. I am getting ready to book this week for 2008, thinking about Mariner of the Seas.

We went last year on the Jewel of the Seas the week after Thanksgiving and it was great-in fact we are leaving this sunday on the Mariner. I don't think I even saw any kids??? I agree with the last post, the prices are favorable and so was the weather.

We cruise every year at that time -- either the week after T'giving or next week. Weather in the Caribbean is wonderful, very few children on board, and the rates are great. We've run into slightly cooler water in Mexico if you're snorkeling, but a wetsuit takes care of that. The eastern/southern Caribbean routes are fabulous then.

Have fun!

We are considering a cruise for our Honeymoon next year. We will most likely get married the Friday or Saturday after Thanksgiving then head off for the honeymoon...I was just curious if anyone had ever cruised during the week after the holiday? Are there a TON of kids? We were considering Liberty or Freedom but aren't sure. Any thoughts?:rolleyes:

I'll tell you next week. We are heading out on Saturday.

We cruise every year between Tahnksgiving and Christmas -

Kids are limited and it is (fact) the cheapest time of the year to cruise.

Main reason everyone else is getting ready for the holidays and schools are not out.

Enjoy.

We cruise every year the week after Thanksgiving. Few kiddos, starting to decorate, lower prices, extends the Thanksgiving vacation week to 10 days, did I mention few kiddos?

One year we made the mistake of going during Thanksgiving....780 kiddos...next year, week after Thanksgiving, 32 kiddos.

We sail again this Sunday.

but not on Freedom or Liberty. We were on Navigator and we did not seem to think there was an over abundance of kids. I think its a good time to go. IMO...go for it. Good luck on the wedding and cruise.

We cruised the weekend after Thanksgiving in 2004. Ship had Christmas decorations, sea was smooth and weather great and prices were low. Very few kids.

We have kids, which we are not taking with us, but because it is a holiday weekend, they get to stay at Grandma's with all the cousins. Helps ease them into to us leaving better.

We are leaving this Saturday on the Radiance, hoping for the same things this year!!!

The Lynn's

We cruise at least once a year the first or second week after Thanksgiving. The weather in the Caribbean is great, Not to many kids and some of the best cruise prices can be had.

We got married on a cruise ship early DEC and it has become a tradition to cruise on or around our anniversary.

Thanks everyone for the help! If it works out we definitley want to cruise. We just did our 1st cruise ever 3 weeks ago on Majesty and LOVED it and now I think that will be our prefered vacation. I don't mind kids (actually I love them) but on our honeymoon we don't want to be surrounded by them. On Majesty we only saw about 30 or so kids. There was one couple who brought their baby to the dining room for dinnner and she slept through it the whole time, even the singing and stuff...aside from the stroller we never would have known they were there.

Thanks again!

The other aspect I like about the week after Thanksgiving is that most of the office took a half day Wednesday and Friday off. So did I, BUT, as they all drag back to work on Monday after 4 days off, we are just starting our vacation.

Its like a double vacation.

I am leaving Sun the 2nd on Vision of the Seas... I guess that would technically be a week later than you are looking at - but if you remind me...I would be happy to let you know what it was like when I get back.

dgadwa: please let me know how the vision was~ i am sailing the mexican riviera(sp?) on March of 08' Thanks and happy cruising

We will let you know when we get back from FOS.....yipee, were heading for Miami early Sat. morning and will be on the ship Sunday afternoon. Going to stay at Holiday Inn next door to the Bayside Market on Sat. night. Sounds like the flights are full and running behind due to the fact so many people are going home from turkey day.

Archived