A review of the Dawn W735 part 1

dogboy53

Teething problems or any problems should not be at the cruisers expense!

If I had a problem in my cabin like some of the fore mentioned I would have kicked up a fuss non stop,. If it wasn't ready it should not have sailed with paying passengers.

I think there would have been a bigger baclklash if they had have cancelled that first cruise, especially around these parts.

but agree sometimes a few faults can quickly escalate until everything is a problem even down to the temperature of a glass of water. That was probably the straw that broke the camels back for that lady

Yes I have to say complaining about the water being to cold is going a bit far.......... but maybe the old dear had holes in her teeth and the cold water induce pain, just a thought. I know my wife does'nt go much on cold water with ice she likes it a room temp.

The elderly man at our table couldn't have the iced water either. He let them know at the beginning though because he had major teeth surgery before the cruise and had to be careful with both hot and cold. Maybe the lady had a similar problem. Anyway the waiters were very understanding and never forgot any particular requests we made. They are incredible with what they remember. I can't praise the waitstaff enough.

Thanks for listing the problems. You know, there really should not have been many problems with the ship as she was sea going and in cruise mode up to her refit in Singapore. We had a few probs with her as Regal Princess on her way over from LA to Sydney, but no where near as many as were listed on above posts. Yes the ship was moved from Princess to P&O but at the end of the day it was still owned by Carnival and it should have been ship shape and in top order for cruise No.1.

Cheers..Les:cool:

Yes I have to say complaining about the water being to cold is going a bit far.......... but maybe the old dear had holes in her teeth and the cold water induce pain, just a thought. I know my wife does'nt go much on cold water with ice she likes it a room temp.

I knowo where the pain was and it wasnt in her teeth!

A few more complaints

- There was no Captains Welcome Aboard Party.

- Only 2 Formal Nights - I was told 3 so bought 3 dresses.

- Smoking section in the Icecream bar. Kids had to queue up with the smokers.

- No labels on the food so people with allergies had no idea what it was.

- Floor on tenders worn down so many falls getting back on the tender when wet.

- Seemed to be only half the staff on the ship compared to other ships.

- Bought a necklace from Jewelry shop and it was rusty. Took it back and they were going to replace it and the replacement was discoloured. So got a refund.

- Items charged to shipboard account 9 days after purchasing so account was never accurate and hard to keep track of.

- Seemed to be no activies the first week.

- Ceramics at see for 4 hrs a day everyday.

- Legends of cricket (greg chapel) repeated allday everyday in the legends bar.

But other than that it was good. I'll give it a few months before I book another one with P&O.

Hi samushy, you didn't come to our CC get together?? It would have been nice to meet you. We're still wondering if howsthis was actually on board as she was such a regular poster and seemed keen to meet up.

We were lucky, we honestly didn't have one thing to complain about. I also heard that someone complained because they thought they were getting on a brand new ship only to find once on board that it was an older one:confused: :confused: P&O NEVER lead anyone to believ it was a brand new ship.

Karen

who drinks water on a cruise????

Hi samushy, you didn't come to our CC get together?? It would have been nice to meet you. We're still wondering if howsthis was actually on board as she was such a regular poster and seemed keen to meet up.

We were lucky, we honestly didn't have one thing to complain about. I also heard that someone complained because they thought they were getting on a brand new ship only to find once on board that it was an older one:confused: :confused: P&O NEVER lead anyone to believ it was a brand new ship.

Karen

Karen,

A T\A told me I should book on her, as it was a brand new ship. (I chose another T\A).

A workmate told me he booked on the brand new P&O ship - he thought it was new too.

The brochures do not say brand new, but they do not say refurbished either.

Cheers

Geoff

I remember on my Fair Princess cruise hearing someone say they'd thought they were going on the maiden voyage - I think the brochure said something about "Maiden South Pacific Season". Sadly they were about 41 years too late for the maiden voyage!:D

Archived