Luggage size

CleoPat

What would you do? Use one 28" piece of luggage or one 26" and a suiter? Will be flying to Europe for our cruise and at first thought that taking only one big piece would be easier but then thought that one piece may end up being overweight. What would you do?:confused:

Wow, more power to you if you can get away with one bag. I've never been able to make do with less than a 30" rolling duffle and another large bag. Plus there's the issue of space for all the goodies you pick up (although the way the dollar is tanking, that might not be as important). I say, go with two bags and perhaps a shoulder bag for carry-on. Then overweight won't be a concern.

We took two 26" suitcases and two carry-ons -- all with wheels for our trip to Europe last summer. We spent six nights in Rome and 12 nights on our cruise. Because we had a higher allowance we really packed the suitcases and both were over 50 lbs (52 & 57). But we also had more than we needed because we ended up using the ship's laundry service so next time we will pack less. The best part of taking the carry-ons is that we had clothing to tide us over if :eek: our suitcases were delayed or lost.

Fortunately the suitcases made it over although one was delayed for a day on the trip home.

We did not overpack the carry-ons so we would have room for souvenirs; it would also help you out if you were overweight in your main suitcase (transfer some to the carry-on).

Kathy:)

Thank you all for your advice and experience. I've decided on two bags. When I went to Alaska via Vancouver I was overweight in one bag and was able to redistribute the weight into the other. Definitely will put some overnight clothing in the carryon:)

Archived