RCCL Orlando to Port Transfers

dino76

We are booked to cruise out of Port Canavaral and we are flying into the Orlando airport. We have the RCCL transfer booked with our trip. How does that all work? Are they pretty efficient? Please let me know your experiences - good or bad???? THANKS!

Gator (love the name and the team),

Thinking of doing the same thing. Along with finding a room (along I95 so it's cheaper) and then turning renting one back to the airport. Avis is your preferred for this pier?

When you arrive at the Orlando airport, there will be a Royal Caribbean rep standing in the baggage area. You will follow rge rep after you retrive your luggage and board at bus (when the bus fills, which could be 15 min-1 hr) you will leave the airport and go to the prot, a 50 min drive. Now depending on how organized Royal caribbean is, you may have 1 bus waiting for boarding to the pier or 10 buses waiting. If the 1st bus fills , you either wait for another bus or board the next one that is there. Have a great Cruise!

P.S. It is a lot easier to rent a car, plus you don't have to wait for a bus to fill, or if the bus is full, you won't have to wait for the next bus!

I don't want to drive... I will have driven 2 hours to the airport and once I get on the plane... I'm on vacation and don't want other people to get me around. We've got the transfers with our trip, so we will just go with the flow... we will get to the ship when we get there... hopefully earlier than later... but we will enjoy the trip none-the-less. :)

Help me out too.

We are arriving on Sat. in Orlando airport. We want to spend the night in Port canavral, will RCCI transport us a day early to the port?

No. Not unless you do the hotel reservations with them. Then they would pick you up at the airport and drop you at your hotel. Pick you up the next morning from the hotel and take you to the ship.

If you go here and read the page I am sending you to: Florida Departures- to a thread titled "I work in Port Canaveral" you will get the name of a shuttle, etc. . That is who I am using.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=436720&page=119

Go to Post # 2375

Roundtrip vouchers airport/port and port/airport are 70.00 per person. My friend and I are getting a hotel at airport through Hotwire or Priceline and then get the transfers to the port through RCCL. Most of the airport hotels have free shuttle back to airport. That's what works best for us.

Gator (love the name and the team),

Thinking of doing the same thing. Along with finding a room (along I95 so it's cheaper) and then turning renting one back to the airport. Avis is your preferred for this pier?

I guess I am confused why you would go to I-95 when the port is on the Beachline. I know you said it's because they are cheaper. There are several hotels that are quite reasonable near the port. If you look at the I work in Pt Canaveral thread that's posted, you will get lots of info regarding hotels.

To me, JMO, I-95 is out of the way. You'd be better off going to Cocoa Beach or as I mentioned staying near the port than getting to I-95. The port is a straight shot from the airport and Cocoa Beach is straight from the port. What you would waste in gas driving to I-95 could be spent at a hotel closer to the port.

Enjoy your cruise.

Archived