NCL robes in cabin........

bearswife

we didn't have a robe in our room...but if we had taken them home, yes. when you take them home, you have bought them. most have reported no robes in the cabins, you can ask for them....usually a tip to the room steward. haven't heard if they are still available.

we didn't have a robe in our room...but if we had taken them home, yes. when you take them home, you have bought them. most have reported no robes in the cabins, you can ask for them....usually a tip to the room steward. haven't heard if they are still available.

Thanks, so if I ask for one and i tip them is that it? I can use it on the cruise without a charge (not taking it home)?

if the room steward can find one for you, a tip for the extra service would be nice. but if you take it home, they will charge you. they may have unused robes for sale? it was discussed more last year, this year..no one has said if they had a robe in a regular cabin or not.

if the room steward can find one for you, a tip for the extra service would be nice. but if you take it home, they will charge you. they may have unused robes for sale? it was discussed more last year, this year..no one has said if they had a robe in a regular cabin or not.

Thanks!

I heard there is a charge if you use them and another charge if you take them home. Does anyone know any correct info on this?

If you do NOT find a robe in your cabin, ask for one. (You do not want to be charged by the cruise line for a robe that was not there, since they may assume you have taken it.) There should never be a charge for using the robe, but they will charge you if you take it with you.

However, if you want the robe, ask for a brand new one. You should not have to suffer a charge to buy a used robe. I think most cruise lines, in fact, sell their robes in the gift shops on board. Not sure about NCL.

Robe policy should be the same as for a luxury hotel -- use it with no charge, but charged if you take it.

We sailed on Norwegian a couple of times --- but think it has actually been about 3+ years since then. Our first cruise we were in a balcony room which had 2 robes, a basket of fresh fruit, a refridgerator and a bottle of champagne. We booked while onboard on the same ship, but this time in an oceanview cabin. Missing from this category was the champagne, the robes and the refridgerator. (This was on the Wind --- so think the newer ships all have a refridgerator now) Anyhow, when we requested a robe and a refridgerator, the room steward mentioned those were only available in the balcony cabins or better. Lo and behold, he found us both --- and they were both in the cabin the first night after returning from dinner. We tipped him on the spot and extra at the end of the cruise. He was awesome! I am with you, like having a robe to lounge in when I am in my room. Don't like having to dress during my relaxing time.

I hope your bedsheets weren't used by anybody else.

LOL..towels too!!

I didn't realize you could ask for a robe dangit!! I'd have loved to have had one. I was used to CCL where they just automatically have them in the cabins waiting for you. When I didn't see them, I thought NCL didn't have them.

Next time I'll know...thanks!!! :)

• Like 1

• 11 years later...
On 11/24/2007 at 7:36 PM, sharonax3 said:

Why in the world would anyone want to wear a robe that has been used by so many other people?

Why in the world would anyone want to sleep in sheets that had been used by so many other people?

I was a Breakaway 12/2018.  It was Haven, 16704, and truly Heaven.  But, I did just look at my bill and the robe was actually $85 (tax-free).  It was brand-new and wrapped for packing.

I'm new to posting and am confused by comments about used towels, sheets and such.  Do these people travel with their own bedding or do they think the items provided are never washed?  One of the great things about NCL is the $19.95 laundry day.  My clothes always look better than my efforts at home.

Well, Happy Cruising.

(Maybe I will figure out how these threads work one day) 😉

2 hours ago, Comi.uy said:

On all the cruises I did with NCL I always had to ask for the robes, they are not by default in the room. On the last cruise, we took home both of them. Never a charge.

I'm not so sure you should admit to doing that on an internet forum.

6 hours ago, All-ready2cruise said:

This post is from 2007, prices have changed and so have the robes. You'll find robes in balconies and mini suites which are, IMO, far from luxurious compared to those in the Haven or Suites. 

I went this month. 12/18. I was Haven 16704. I was wrong. The charge was $85. I love my robe. 

Cole you may also buy new bedding and new towels. Even when I feel devious I don’t take things in a room/suite meant to stay there. Be as good a guest as you would in a friend's Home. I try to leave things better than I found them, even if it just tip money to the staff and crew. Taking something that isn’t yours is nothing to gloat about. 

15 minutes ago, sparkyvc said:

Cole you may also buy new bedding and new towels. Even when I feel devious I don’t take things in a room/suite meant to stay there. Be as good a guest as you would in a friend's Home. I try to leave things better than I found them, even if it just tip money to the staff and crew. Taking something that isn’t yours is nothing to gloat about. 

You have the wrong name there.  It wasn't Cole who claimed to steal robes and towels.