Live from the Riverside Hotel

Nicki61

Hello, This is live from the Riverside Hotel in Las Olas area of Fort Lauderdale. The hotel is more than beautiful. It is clean and well kept. Our room, a king in the tower, is huge. Huge bathroom and there is a desk, lounge chair & table and chairs. A balcony overlooking the river and Las Olas Blvd. The front end is very capable of their job and go beyond.

We ate a quick lunch yesterday out on the sidewalk and it was fast, good and priced well. I think $8.95 for chicken tenders & fries. We had breakfast this morning in the hotel and again, fast friendly service. Prompt food and good too! The price for breakfast wasn't awful either. $4.95 for oatmeal & fruit. Fresh squeezed orange juice and very good coffee.

The hotel is in the process or maybe it is done now, of decorating for Christmas it is so pretty. There must be 12 trees all around the place, lights everywhere.

We like it here so much we reserved 2 more nights on our return next Sunday. The Riverside is smack in the middle of alot of shopping(though VERY expensive), great food(we have not had a bad meal yet) and close to the water taxi.

We rode by the Pelican, Marriot beach place and others on the beach. But they all seem too far from food or shopping.

Yup this is a great place to stay. Price might seem high, but not for what you get.

IMG_0521.jpg

I'm hoping to cruise out of Ft Lauderdale again just so we can go back to the Riverside hotel. When we were there they had a home show going on and the blvd was closed to traffic ... great fun to sit at the outdoor cafe drinking wine watching all the people walk by. I have some wonderful memories of that day ... and the beds in the hotel are sooo relaxing! Jan

• 1 month later...

My travel agent had us booked in a Ramada and when I did some research the reviews were just not good. So I did some further research and found this lovely hotel...it was $50 more for the night but sure seems well worth it. We did book for a King in the Executive Tower so I think we will be more than satisfied! Thanks for the heads up about the eggs benedict that is my all time favorite breakfast so looking forward to ordering it!

Archived