Complaining

rcicruiser

Thee are more complainers on the RCI Board because we have much higher IQ's than those that post on other boards.

We offer more sides to a story. We are more insightful, better looking, enjoy life more and are basically much better human beings than on those other boards.

Bravo.... I think though that demographics of the RCCL folks does play a role...not all out partying all of the time so we have more time to spend on the web. :rolleyes:

Bravo.... I think though that demographics of the RCCL folks does play a role...not all out partying all of the time so we have more time to spend on the web. :rolleyes:

I save most of my partying for my cruises. :D But my idea of partying would probably brand me as a full time square to the party crowd that goes until dawn and can't remember what happened the next day....

That's ok with me!

BTW, my condolences to you. Having to live in Houston is a foretaste of the Hot Place itself. I had to live there for a while once too. Shall not return if at all possible.;) Whoever heard of traffic jams at 10PM?!?! (Tis my complaint for the day heh heh)

I have one more complaint:

Why are there so many complainers complaining about complaint threads that complain about complainers complaining about complainers on complaint threads?

Sorry, couldn't resist..:p

:DROFLOL:D

Best laugh for the evening so far.... Hmm.. My evening must be really boring tonight! :)

I'm guessing you had a bad day today?

Or tow :eek:

I know I am going to be flamed here, but first yes I am a American. We drive around in our big SUV's and pickups. We drive tow streets over to get coffee in those big vehicles. Then complain about the price of gas, fill up then still drive fast on the highways. We keep our air condtioning low and our heat on high..

###

Or tow :eek:

###

Well, we all have an occasional bad day. Believe it or not even someone as warm and fuzzy as me, has occasionally been in a grouchy mood. Now I know that's hard to believe but it's true. :cool:

Yes, we did. Hopefully we will have the opportunity to cruise with you and some of the CC members again. . :D

Please let me know your thoughts on the Yankee Trader.

Sorry for not seeing this question sooner. We enjoyed our stay at the Yankee Trader. Even though we won the hotel on priceline I joined the "Starwood Preferred Guest" program on their web site and during check in we were upgraded to the "Starwood Preferred Guest Floor" which was a nice room overlooking the ocean. Hotel was right across from the ocean, convenient to eateries, public transportation (public bus stops right across the street from hotel). It's only two blocks to the water taxi. They had a nice heated pool. A taxi to the airport cost about $20.00 and to the port would be about $10.00 or so. On one negative note the hotel does try to nickel and dime you every chance they get. Also none of the rooms have balconies. Bottom line is we would stay there again. For the priceline rate of course which was about 50% of what they advertised on their web site.

That commercial drives me UP A WALL and I'm not talking about the rock climbing wall either. OK, by a looooooooooong stretch, maybe I'll give them one on the dining, ( BTW, tried freestyle dining, hated it), but when was the last time everyone on your cruise got up from their lounge at the same time? I know they're trying to make a point but IMO it's a point stupidly executed.

I completely agree! We thoroughly enjoyed our NCL cruise last winter. It was lovely, and the Freestyle dining suited us fine (so does traditional dining, for the most part, as long as we have other choices than just the dining room fixed times and room service). Even so, I hate those commercials. They are insulting to other mass market lines and the pax who cruise with them (which includes my DH, my family, and me). What really bugs me is that the lovely pool and lounge area they use as an "example" of NCL ships is the Courtyard and Courtyard sundeck, which are exclusively for Courtyard Villa, Owner's Suite, and Garden Villa pax--the highest levels of suites only. Those areas are great, but we only know that because we scored a special deal on the smallest Courtyard Villa! (OTOH, I'm bugged by Celebrity's whole "my bulter knew how I took my tea" and "my room was filled with long-stemmed roses" without a little mention that only high level suites have butlers and those roses come at an extra cost. And RCI is just as guilty when they show all those cool shore excursions and activities without mentioning that they're NOT included in the cruise cost. Sure, we're all supposed to be informed consumers and it is marketing after all, but I don't like deceptive or insulting marketing. End of rant.) Uh oh, I guess I just complained; bad beachchick!:D

beachchick

Sorry for not seeing this question sooner. We enjoyed our stay at the Yankee Trader. Even though we won the hotel on priceline I joined the "Starwood Preferred Guest" program on their web site and during check in we were upgraded to the "Starwood Preferred Guest Floor" which was a nice room overlooking the ocean. Hotel was right across from the ocean, convenient to eateries, public transportation (public bus stops right across the street from hotel). It's only two blocks to the water taxi. They had a nice heated pool. A taxi to the airport cost about $20.00 and to the port would be about $10.00 or so. On one negative note the hotel does try to nickel and dime you every chance they get. Also none of the rooms have balconies. Bottom line is we would stay there again. For the priceline rate of course which was about 50% of what they advertised on their web site.

I have booked the Yankee Clipper for our January Jewel cruise. Comments or thoughts or experiences?

[quote name='CroozeAddict']You should go look at the Holland America forum. Those folks have PHD's in whining.[/quote]

I read a post on one board and they were complaining that the cruisemembers weren't carrying the passenger's food trays from the buffet line to their table anymore. Guess it's all relative.

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4]Lets see I have been on 3 soon to be 4 RCL cruises so far.no compliants there enjoyed all them.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4]Fuel Surcharge-knew it was coming I don't like it but no compliants there.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4]Smoking ban-I never smoked in our cabin anyway. No compliants there.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4]No Lobster and then there was lobster but it was not the maine lobster but wait it has not been maine lobster for years. No compliants here.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4]I now get a Platium discount, we both have a RCL Visa card, I booked a next cruise, my TA pays my gratuity and I snagged a senior rate on top of all this. No compliant there.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4]So I guess I have no compliants and most of posted on the wrong thread. To the Op maybe your getting your cruise lines a little confused. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4]Cruising is still the best valued vacation, if you look hard enough you always going to find something wrong and for those who do then how on earth can you enjoy yourself? This is not a perfect world and mistakes happen, of course if you are perfect then I can then see how it could make you a little nuts but then again if you did not have something to complain about, your cruise would be ruined.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='rcicruiser']Why do it seem that there is more complaining on the Royal Caribbean board than the others?[/quote]

I have heard all types of complaints. In our last cruise to Alaska on the Radiance in September, others complained about different items, and I heard passengers complaining to the Captain when he met with the passengers the day before the cruise ended. I had complaints myself, and I hope those that were very vehement about theirs took the trouble to mention these in the surveys they received at the end of the cruise. Looking forward to last-minute packing, preparing for and in fact disembarking, travel to the airport, and flying home, I would have preferred that Royal Caribbean invited passengers to either fill out surveys immediately, or do this by mail or on line when they returned to their homes.
I have also heard many passengers raving about their cruises with Royal Caribbean and while my wife and I plan not to cruise for a while as a reaction to the new charges and developments (which probably apply to all other cruise lines as well), many are looking forward to those they have already booked or were planning to book with this cruise line, even after the fuel charges and cutbacks were announced.
Perhaps the proof of the pudding is how these complaints actually affect the passengers who plan or planned to cruise with Royal Caribbean. If there are complaints from those who continue to cruise with this company, then the number of complaints we see are less significant. If, however, these complaints are accompanied by a distinct drop in passenger numbers (especially repeaters and those who have always been faithful Royal Caribbean cruisers), then the company has something to worry about and I would not be surprised to see changes in their policy which are more satisfactory to us all.:confused:

Archived