5 to a cabin

aussiescouser

Was just wondering if it is at all possible as i have 3 small children , does anybody know if p&o have a roll out bed or shared bed arrangement for small children, any help would be appreciated. It would really suck to have to get two cabins and quite expensive compared to one aswell..:(

Hi, on my first cruise when I travelled in a cabin with my parents and two siblings, we were able to all fit in the one room with a fold out bed. But on our last cruise, we were told we had to get two seperate rooms.

I'm unsure if perhaps they changed the policy or perhaps you can only have a rollout bed for a certain age.

Your best option is to phone P&O and get an answer from them.

Was just wondering if it is at all possible as i have 3 small children , does anybody know if p&o have a roll out bed or shared bed arrangement for small children, any help would be appreciated. It would really suck to have to get two cabins and quite expensive compared to one aswell..:(

4 to a cabin maximum now I believe.

Unfair that there are a lack of options for bigger families.

Cheers

Geoff

you may have to try one of the overseas cruises, still not sure on room, it could be a bit of a pain but get two cabins next door to each other. a couple of options mum and dad in one room kids next door with strict instuction about opening the door, could be monitored with baby monitor. option two, mum in the room with one child and dad in the other with the other two. oh yeah option 3 mum and dad in one room with 2 oldest kids, and invite the inlaws (to pay for themselves) in the room with the youngest. anyway I am sure you have thought of all these option. good luck with booking a cruise.

It would be nice if they did have a few family 'Suites' that slept 6 or 8.:) Of course there would have to be a criteria to be met to have a family 'suite'.;)

Jarrod, you always have some very good Ideas and this is another one. they could just knock a wall down or add a door, and they could have a two bedroom cabin. can't be that hard, wonder why the cruise ships dont do this.

I've read on here many times that the FOUR limit is enforced by the Coast Guard, but I surely wouldn't know!:confused:

I DO know that on the "O" there was a family of two dads and a male nanny and three little kids ALL in a Penthouse................but who could afford those per person rates? There has to be a reason they have only two of those penthouses on a ship.

Good luck on figuring this out.;)

I know, we had three kids and it always seemed just going to a restaurant presented a problem because they only had tables for four. We survived.:)

I had a long response earlier but it disappeared.

The big pain about two cabins as well is that there are no interconnecting ones.

We often travel with Keepcruising and her family as she has three and we only have on child, so we fit in 2 cabins quite nicely.

I am doubtful about all their reasoning over the 5 in a cabin because on our July cruise our friends (5 in family) and they were upgraded to a suite since it was the only 4 berth disabled cabin. They also upgraded their fifth child who was sharing with us in a rollaway. This was done by head office and all official, not on the sly onboard.

Most of The Royal Caribbean ships have a few family Suites. In the Freedom Class ships, they have Family Suites in both Inside and outside categories.

Here is a pic of one on the Voyager Class.

7y2flvn.jpg

And a brief description.

Two twin beds (can convert into queen-size), additional bunk beds in separate area, separate sitting area with sofa bed, and a private bathroom with shower. (265 sq. ft.)

Please note: In order to reserve this stateroom, a minimum number of guests may apply.

Bring back the good old Fairstar, 6-8 berths!!

and a bathroom in corridor, great for a nudey run!!!

Chez

xx

Hehe, Chez, I remember the bathrooms in the corridor on the good ol Fairstar!! I also remember mum, dad and us 3 kids all sharing a cabin on our cruises but not sure how they were configured. No comment about nudie runs though :p

Hehe, Chez, I remember the bathrooms in the corridor on the good ol Fairstar!! I also remember mum, dad and us 3 kids all sharing a cabin on our cruises but not sure how they were configured. No comment about nudie runs though :p

I stayed in an outside cabin on A deck, four berth, but it had no bathroom:eek: had to go down the corridor and wait outside, lucky those Chinese Satin robes were in in the 80's, very stylish for hanging around in the corridors:o

Chez

xx

I had a long response earlier but it disappeared.

The big pain about two cabins as well is that there are no interconnecting ones.

We often travel with Keepcruising and her family as she has three and we only have on child, so we fit in 2 cabins quite nicely.

I am doubtful about all their reasoning over the 5 in a cabin because on our July cruise our friends (5 in family) and they were upgraded to a suite since it was the only 4 berth disabled cabin. They also upgraded their fifth child who was sharing with us in a rollaway. This was done by head office and all official, not on the sly onboard.

Hmmm. That's interesting. We were told no rollaways anymore as it is a safety issue:confused: . Even interconnecting cabins is not eally an option. As far as I"m concerned, the problem with booking 2 cabins is the cost, not the fact that one of us has to be in a cabin with the kids. Interconnecting cabins would incurr the same cost as 2 cabins. About an extra $6000:eek:

Karen

LOL depends what ship you are planning to cruise on. Having been in a 4 berth on Pacific Sun I cant imagine where the rollaway would go they are quite small... the amount of times i hit my head on the ceiling when sitting up in bed or donked my head on the corner of the highest bunk when bending down to get something from the floor was incredible.. but its not just cruise lines I have lost count of the amount of times hotels have made our family split into two rooms... and we only have 4 ppl :confused:

thanks for the suggestions guys, i suppose the easiest and cheapest way is to get a family member or friend with one child and palm one of mine off or as im doing in oct 08, just leave the kids at home and have a ball ....:D but i will miss them , truly i will;) i will....:D

No! Due to fire regs the last cruise for 5 was Nov 2005. We had the last cruise with 5. Now we have to buy 2 cabins! Pain I know!

Kazza1 & myself cruised with 5 in a cabin on the Sun in April 2006.

Karen

... Having been in a 4 berth on Pacific Sun I cant imagine where the rollaway would go they are quite small...

The rollaway was place beside the bunks that you face as you walked in the cabin. It was folded up during the day.

Karen

Archived