Just a story to share

karmac

Just thought I'd share the story of what happened to our cat whilst on our cruise. My dad lives in a granny flat in our backyard & looks after the place, pets etc when we're away. However, he was going away for the first 6 days of our cruise so my brother,SIL & nephew were helping out as they live 6 houses down the road. They were to feed him & let him in at night & out in the morning.The Friday that we sailed, my nephew came up to feed him & discovered he had a sore eye. Him & his mum tried to get him but he ran under the house & wouldn't come out. They put food out for him. Finally, on the Monday they managed to get him & my brother went to take him to the vet as his eye looked pretty bad (think he must have got into a fight). When he arrived at the vet it was closed (supposed to be open...was running late). He was holding the cat when someone with 2 dogs arrived, scared the cat & he managed to escape (scratching the s**t out of my brother in the process). Couldn't find him. My SIL spent the next few days driving around the streets, calling him, shaking the bisuits but to no avail. Dad arrived home on Thursday and every so often would go outside & call him....but....no Brocky. Then on Sunday morning (6 days missing) dad went out the front for something called him & he came running. Do you believe that? What the poor cat went through during those 6 days we'll never know. The vet BTW is about 2 kms from here. The poor thing must have been through hell. Anyway, he's fine now. Looks as though he may have lost some sight coz his eye just looks different but it is not bloody, pussy or infected and is not bothering him in anyway.

Also, while dad was out driving one day he passed a squashed black cat in the road....he turned around & went & had a lookt o see if it was Brocky & was relieved of course when it wasn't. The things our pets put us through:rolleyes:

Karen

Wow Karen thats amazing!! So glad Brocky came home:) We dont have pets:( Andy says"NO" he was bought up on a farm and is sick of animals:rolleyes: plus we go away so much, for weekends and stuff, now the kids are older and never home, there would be no one around to look after them......still doesnt stop me begging for a dog though:p a couple of years ago he bought me a stuffed dog for Xmas and put it under the tree to stop me nagging for a dog, he is so thoughtful:) :rolleyes:

Chez

xx

Just thought I'd share the story of what happened to our cat whilst on our cruise. My dad lives in a granny flat in our backyard & looks after the place, pets etc when we're away. However, he was going away for the first 6 days of our cruise so my brother,SIL & nephew were helping out as they live 6 houses down the road. They were to feed him & let him in at night & out in the morning.The Friday that we sailed, my nephew came up to feed him & discovered he had a sore eye. Him & his mum tried to get him but he ran under the house & wouldn't come out. They put food out for him. Finally, on the Monday they managed to get him & my brother went to take him to the vet as his eye looked pretty bad (think he must have got into a fight). When he arrived at the vet it was closed (supposed to be open...was running late). He was holding the cat when someone with 2 dogs arrived, scared the cat & he managed to escape (scratching the s**t out of my brother in the process). Couldn't find him. My SIL spent the next few days driving around the streets, calling him, shaking the bisuits but to no avail. Dad arrived home on Thursday and every so often would go outside & call him....but....no Brocky. Then on Sunday morning (6 days missing) dad went out the front for something called him & he came running. Do you believe that? What the poor cat went through during those 6 days we'll never know. The vet BTW is about 2 kms from here. The poor thing must have been through hell. Anyway, he's fine now. Looks as though he may have lost some sight coz his eye just looks different but it is not bloody, pussy or infected and is not bothering him in anyway.

Also, while dad was out driving one day he passed a squashed black cat in the road....he turned around & went & had a lookt o see if it was Brocky & was relieved of course when it wasn't. The things our pets put us through:rolleyes:

Karen

hi Karen,

ASs i have always said ...you can never trust those pussies...they cause you no need of trouble:)

Pets really are amazing aren't they! We have a little long haired Chihuahua and it doesn't matter what we do he ALWAYS manages to find an escape route - I think he has a few girlfriends in the neighbourhood that he visits on a very regular basis. He totally knows he's been busted because when we catch him he just creeps up with his head down and tail between his legs. The things our animals put us through!

So glad everything worked out for you!

What a clever cat Brocky is. I bet your kids were happy when he made it home. :)

Well of course they knew nothing about it until we got home....thank god. My daughter Sally would have been devastated (he's actually her cat and she loves him to death......almost literally at times).

Karen

I can imagine how your family felt, their worst nightmare while looking after your cat!! Thank goodness it all worked out ok. Animals are amazing how they cope with things, I think we are more stressed than they are at times like that. Hope Brocky's eye hasn't got any lingering problems. Our cat, Millie, is over 16 years old and I keep wondering when she will develop problems because she has never needed the vet so far except for the female feline 'little operation'!

A sad story....When we went to the US last year, I didn't have a chance to give my beautiful cat Loo Loo a kiss and a cuddle good bye. He gets all moody when he sees the suitcases coming out.

We knew he wasn't too well, but thought he'd be fine. My brother was at home with him as usual, and a week before we came back he died peacefully at home on his favourite part of the lounge.:( Apparently he had his dinny, went and jumped on the lounge, had his usual wash, went to sleep and never woke up.

My brother never told us in any of the emails, and waited until we pulled up in the drive way at home to tell us. I didn't believe him. I rushed inside, running through the house checking the various rooms. Thought I saw him in the Family room, but it was out other cat Ebony. Then I went up to the backyard, and there was his little grave. Was soooo sad. He was also buried in his little favourite place.

He was my boy for 16 and a half years.......still miss him.

It's amazing how we bond with our beloved pets, and how much we miss them when they're gone.:(

I'm so glad Brocky came back Karen. I would have be worried about what could have happened to him.

A sad story....When we went to the US last year, I didn't have a chance to give my beautiful cat Loo Loo a kiss and a cuddle good bye. He gets all moody when he sees the suitcases coming out.

We knew he wasn't too well, but thought he'd be fine. My brother was at home with him as usual, and a week before we came back he died peacefully at home on his favourite part of the lounge.:( Apparently he had his dinny, went and jumped on the lounge, had his usual wash, went to sleep and never woke up.

My brother never told us in any of the emails, and waited until we pulled up in the drive way at home to tell us. I didn't believe him. I rushed inside, running through the house checking the various rooms. Thought I saw him in the Family room, but it was out other cat Ebony. Then I went up to the backyard, and there was his little grave. Was sooo sad. He was also buried in his little favourite place.

He was my boy for 16 and half years.......still miss him.

It's amazing how we bond with our beloved pets, and how much we miss them when they're gone.:(

I'm so glad Brocky came back Karen. I would have be worried about what could have happened to him.

Hi Jarrod, sorry to hear about your Brocky.

we all love our pets dearly, they are part of the family.

The cattery where our two board whenever we both go away, think I am nuts because I ring from different parts of the world to check on them. I just have to know they are O.K.

I think I'm nuts too.

kind regards, Lorraine:) :)

Wow ... what an amazing story! So pleased Brocky made it home!:D

I was just talking to another mum from the kid's school this morning at our End of Year Ceremony and she was telling me she has just spent over $800 on her 13 year old cat and it's now on medication for $50/month ... they know they're going to have to make the 'hard' call soon (it's kidneys are failing) - but are putting it off as long as they can.

We get so attached to our animals as they give us such joy and unconditional love! (well ours do - even thought the cat does look at as sometimes as though we've just crawled out of a gutter!!!).:rolleyes:

We thought we had lost ours last year to a snake bite ... luckily she survived - but not after spending many nights at the vets (the vet used to taker her home with her to tend to her during the night!) and visiting her on two occassions to say our 'goodbyes' ... but she came through no worse for wear! Phew!

Hi Jarrod, sorry to hear about your Brocky.

we all love our pets dearly, they are part of the family.

The cattery where our two board whenever we both go away, think I am nuts because I ring from different parts of the world to check on them. I just have to know they are O.K.

I think I'm nuts too.

kind regards, Lorraine:) :)

sorry Jarrod I meant Lou Lou.

I was thinking of Karen's cat, how lucky she was to get him back.

awww stop with all the sad stories....I popped on here to make my day happy! I love my cats too...have some stories to tell but don't feel like crying now....

anyhoo

glad to hear the brockster made it back relatively okay

for those that adore their pets some travel insurance like the one I use includes cover for pets while away...I am sure there are lots of clauses (or clawses- gee I crack myself up:rolleyes: ) but always worth investigating

ie:

DOMESTIC PETS

Additional boarding fees if you are delayed from returning home due to something happening to you that is covered by this insurance, including veterinary fees if your pet is injured whilst you are away.

Karen, I am so pleased that Brocky came back - animals are truly amazing!! I know if anything happened to my lot my children and myself would be devastated!! I bet he was happy to see you all too!!!

Chez - The one good thing about having the type of dog Andy got you , well two actually, not having to clean up after number 1's and 2's.

Here is a picture of Loo Loo.

6tympky.jpg

He looks just like Brocky. And yes, he is microchipped. The thing is my brother & SIL didn't know that & my SIL even rang my best friend to ask her if she knew or not.

The only thing that seems so be wrong with his eye is that the pupil doesn't seem to change size...always big. It is not infected in anyway and isn't bothering him at all.

Karen

My DDs dog ran was spooked and ran away on the last day of last years holidays. Till this day we still do not know if she is alive or not.

We have since added a ragdoll names Ellie to the family, and are hoping history doesn't repeat.

Glad Brocky made it home!

Cheers

Geoff

A happy ending, While we were way our nephew lost our lovable cat, Sontar ,after many hours searching they found her in our upright deepfreeze.

To his amazement frozen solid! my nephew being a young lad started to panic,so what did he do? again skock horror took our precious Sontar to our workshop fed her a spoonfull of diesel and suddenly the cat awoke ran to the other side of the shed hit her head on the wall and fell over!!!

A happy ending, While we were way our nephew lost our lovable cat, Sontar ,after many hours searching they found her in our upright deepfreeze.

To his amazement frozen solid! my nephew being a young lad started to panic,so what did he do? again skock horror took our precious Sontar to our workshop fed her a spoonfull of diesel and suddenly the cat awoke ran to the other side of the shed hit her head on the wall and fell over!!!

dont tell me...she ran out of petrol:D :D

if it is a true story i hope your dear cat made it.

karen, I am so happy your brocky was found ok.

they are so much part of the family arent they?

our dog also went missing for a few hours while MIL was babysitting him. she was sick to the stomach. This time we have booked him into kennels at great cost mind you. i think i am going to start a holiday cruise centre for dogs

Archived