Irons on Journey

eager

Does anyone know if we're allowed to bring a clothes steamer with us?

I'd just bring more casual clothing as with the humidity what it is down there, unless you never plan on leaving the ship...any neatness of clothing is quickly gone, at least that was our experience in Mexico and Tahiti, and your makeup is gone in a few min. also I suppose the evening wear is more needing a bit of polishing, if you like dressing up. On Oceania last year very few men wore jackets ever, ladies in far more casual wear.(I "dressed up" only the last night of 12!) But then they were many old time O sailors and quite used to the "casual" style, no matter what income range they had!

We just got back from the Journey on Thursday. The self-service laundry opened a few days into our cruise. There were 4 washers and 4 dryers, but two dryers broke after a few days, so only two were available. There were NO irons or ironing boards in the washroom (we used it twice, and checked specifically because some of my DH's shirts could have used a quick going over)

There is a kind of arrangement where detergent is supposed to go into the machines as part of the washer fees ($2 in quarters; guest relations will give change), but it didn't work (no detergent came out) Sometimes there was a box of detergent that I suppose the ship set out, but it wasn't always there or sometimes was empty when it was.

The dryers also cost $2.

Hope that helps answer some questions about the Journey.

Archived