Computer Access - (not internet)

We are going on the Grandeur of the Seas in 2 weeks. I was wondering how much it costs to access a computer without using the internet.

I understand that there is a cost for every minute you are online but what about simple computer use... is it available for free or is there a cost as well?

Thanks

When not logged in into the internet, there´s no cost involved.

But having said this what are you expecting to use the computer for if not for the Internet?:confused: There´s no other use of their computers. Nothing like word or excel and if you plan to use it for pictures, the computer is locked away and you can´t get anything up or downloaded.

I wanted to download my pictures from my camera to a disc or a jumpdrive. I have one of those underwater cameras that you need to transfer pics from before you change the battery or else you will lose all the pics... (I know, not the best type of camera)

Supposedly, my camera takes about 50 pics before you need to change the battery... so I was hoping to transfer pics at least once a day.

My other camera is no problem... just this underwater one.

I wanted to download my pictures from my camera to a disc. I have one of those underwater cameras that you need to transfer pics from before you change the battery or else you will lose all the pics... (I know, not the best type of camera)

Supposedly, my camera takes about 50 pics before you need to change the battery... so I was hoping to transfer pics at least once a day.

My other camera is no problem... just this underwater one.

Sorry but this is not an option with any of the computers onboard.

It soes not sound as if this cameraa has a memory chip, so probably the photo Gallery onboard wouldn´t be an option either. THey have a machine to burn pics from memory card to CD but the price is steep, I think somewhere along 15-20 USD.

Thank you both for the info...

Can I borrow your laptop?:D

Seriously though, I may just look into either an other camera... or borrowing my son's laptop for the week. I really want those underwater pictures. Also, for the cavetubing in Belize, they suggest you use waterproof cameras :)

Can you just buy a bigger memory chip for your camera? They have 2 gig cards now for my Sony camera, that holds a heck of a lot of pictures. 1/2 gig of memory will hold hundreds of pictures (like close to 500 if medium quality). Just get a new card?

From reading the OP it seems not to be a lack of memory, but a problem about the battery and the fact that on low battery the pics are deleted.

Sorry, I need the laptop to process all of my photos from last week :D

Depending on the type of camera you have for regular use- they do sell waterproof cases for them. Though sometimes they are as much as buying another camera.

quick google search comes up with these

http://www.waterproofcases.net/waterproof-camera-cases.html

Can you just buy a bigger memory chip for your camera? They have 2 gig cards now for my Sony camera, that holds a heck of a lot of pictures. 1/2 gig of memory will hold hundreds of pictures (like close to 500 if medium quality). Just get a new card?

It sounds like it's a camera with an internal flash memory based on the amount of pictures it holds, sadly most built to spec underwater cameras are the same, no removeable memory, just another crack/hole for water to leak into. :D

Archived