Carnival's past guest record keeping...

shandurk104

I cruised with Carnival in 2004.. and I am now cruising in 2 weeks with my Fiance (this will be his 5th Carnival cruise).

Fortunatly, we got a past guest rate on our stateroom because they found his name on file.. but they had no record of my past sailing. I gave them all the info, date, port of embarkation, boat, ports of call.. yet they had NO record! Its so strange!

Did anyone else have this issue?>

do you both get the Current book in the mail? if so your past guest number is on the back of the book.

I cruised with Carnival in 2004.. and I am now cruising in 2 weeks with my Fiance (this will be his 5th Carnival cruise).

Fortunatly, we got a past guest rate on our stateroom because they found his name on file.. but they had no record of my past sailing. I gave them all the info, date, port of embarkation, boat, ports of call.. yet they had NO record! Its so strange!

I have a little different issue.

My last two cruises were not listed on my cruise history. So I requested an update. After the second request, I received an email saying that my past guest # was reissued. So now I will see all my cruises. Wrong!!!

Now my last two cruises are listed and the first 6 are gone!

I sent a request to have them correct it a couple of day ago.....we'll see what happens.

I know they upgraded their computer recently.....maybe that's the problem.

I was a teller for many years and have been through quite a few computer "upgrades"......never went well.

We have a bit if a different error in our past cruise record. Our 1st cruise was a 5 day on the Fantasy in 1995. But the records are indicating that we took a 10 day Panama Canal cruise on a different ship (I think the Facination). Just wish I could remember that trip -- I've always wanted to see the Panama Canal :D

My SIL had this happen to her. She cruised with her daughter and husband 2 years ago on Carnival. They could find my brother's name and her daughter's name but no record of my SIL cruising! When she booked it, she booked it under her name. It was quite strange!

I cruised back in the early 90's (you'll have to look at my siggy for the year, because now I can't recall) as a single lady with other single ladies. Then, in '98, I cruised with my DH. It didn't even dawn on me that I was a "past guest," but I was using the same TA (she worked for a different company, though) and she took care of everything. We were pleasantly surprised to find that we could attend the "past guest" party, and enjoyed getting our freebie drinks and snacks. When we got home, the Currents magazine came in my DH's name, only.

Then, when we were looking at cruises for late '06/early '07, I couldn't get a past guest number for my DH or for myself on the CCL website. I talked to a rep. and he was able to find my DH's information after digging around for awhile, but he had to take my e-mail address down so he could research my history and send me my past guest number. How crazy was that? They had the information when I was on the ship, and I was in the same cabin as my DH, but I was no where to be found. I was eventually sent my past guest number, but when I look at my cruise history, my first cruise is listed correctly, but my second one is not. They have our junior suite cabin correctly, but they have me listed as cruising on a "European Delight" which is a far stretch from the Southern Caribbean that we sailed.

Yes, I am having the same problem - they found DS from his only cruise in 1999, but cannot find DD who has cruised with Carnival 4 times! I have emailed past guest at Carnival and still have heard nothing. I hope that something can be resolved by March, because right now they have DD and myself in a cabin and DH and SIL in another - that is just not going to work with the sail & sign accounts.

Peggy

My last two cruises were not listed on my cruise history. So I requested an update. After the second request, I received an email saying that my past guest # was reissued. So now I will see all my cruises. Wrong!!!

I sent a request to have them correct it a couple of day ago.....we'll see what happens.

I was a teller for many years and have been through quite a few computer "upgrades"......never went well.

This is the same problem I am having. Good luck getting it straight. When we cruise in March I plan on bring all my embarkation pictures with me. It will be my 10th cruise and I want my benefits for it. Right now I have 3 past guest numbers. If they would only combine it to one and stop updating that part of the computer system.

If you've moved and/or changed your email address, it seems they had a difficult time tying you to past cruises. Our first cruise was booked through a TA, so maybe they didn't have all my pertinent info a couple of years later.

I simply emailed them, gave them my sailing date and prior email address and they got it all straightened out. DD isn't registered, so I don't know that they have all her past cruises, but she did have a gold S&S card last December, so they obviously know she's a past guest.

Since I won't be paying her way forever (I hope!), she may never get close to Platinum, anyway. Still, better to have her register and check her sail history now, just in case.

I'm pretty sure I have no "official" photos from the Jubilee cruise. But they should be able to find her through my booking!

Yup, in fact last cruise I didn't get a past cruise party invite but had gone to one the cruise before. Anyway, Carnival straightened it out all on their own w/o any prompting from me. Your fiance will get invites for both of you to the party and personally, I enjoyed it (besides gettin about 6 glasses of free wine outta them).

I am having the same problem. CCL changed my past guest number and lost 5 cruises. This happened in May 07 and I have been trying to get it fixed since. I have all of the booking numbers and S&S cards. They agree I did go on the cruises they just can not get them posted on my past guest history.

They did the same thing to me...added my last cruises, gave me a new number and deleted the first cruises. I've emailed several times but they just can't seem to get it right :(

Same here. My Carnival history is a mess. I'm not sure how many past guest numbers I have. I've taken 8 Carnival cruises so after the next one I'll probably be a little more aggressive about trying to straighten it out. Unfortunately I don't have much hope that it'll get fixed. :rolleyes:

Ditto! For some reason Carnival changed MY past number, not the others in my family. I have lived at the same address since cruise number one and nothing has changed except my number of cruises. I have been trying for OVER a Year to get this straightened out to no avail. I have emailed them all info on past cruises, ship, date, room number and booking number. They say that their records show the proper number of cruises but my list of past ones on their site list much less, seven less to be exact. I have also spoken with "supervisors" and no luck yet.

All I want for Christmas is my Carnival past guest history to be accurate!

Yea, I've had a lot of problems too. I went on two cruises with my parents as a teen, and booked my first cruise on my own last year. Carnival acknowledge's that I've been on three cruises, but I don't see any of them posted online for some reason. Also I never received Currents and I'm not sure why.

I was wondering what benefits other than the Past Guest party do you get. I will be going on my 5th Carnival cruise in Feb. and I have not really kept track of the past guest numbers. I know for this one they do have me as a past guest.

My first one was back in 1990 on the Mardi gras.

The benefit maybe for someone to not encounter problems with card status. I want the satisifaction of seeing my entire history, the accurate history. It is just so frustrating that what seems like a simple problem cannot be fixed by Carnival. Still, all I want for Christmas is my past cruise history to be accurate.

Bummer...I have never checked with Carnival to see if their records match mine. March '08 will be my 7th cruise with Carnival. Sounds like I should start now to make sure it is accurate before my 10th. Do you just call Carnival or e-mail or what?? Thanks in advance for all your help. I love these boards.

but when I look at my cruise history, my first cruise is listed correctly, but my second one is not. They have our junior suite cabin correctly, but they have me listed as cruising on a "European Delight" which is a far stretch from the Southern Caribbean that we sailed.

How does one look up their past cruise history to make sure that it is correct?

I'm amazed my cruise history is accurate, and I never had to do anything. I always gave my TA my past guest number though, don't know if that has anything to do with it.

First cruise (7/95)- used my parents' address, TA #1, and didn't have an email address

Second cruise (3/96) - used sorority house address, TA #2, and used my university email address

Third cruise (9/02) - lived in Atlanta, TA #3, used aol email address

Fourth cruise and beyond - same Chicago address, still using TA #3, and I have a yahoo email address

I was shocked when I checked my cruise history and everything was as it should be!

We just booked on the Sensation. We were on the freedom on Nov17-24. We had friends with us who had not cruised before so we split them in our rooms to get past cruiser prices for them. DH on paper shared with a friend and now the friend has all his history and previous cruiser number and DH only shows The Freedom. Our PVP has never seen it and was "dumbfounded" as he put it. He was calling the past cruiser department and said he would straighten it out for us. Don't rely only on email. Call a PVP and build a relationship with them they can be your greatest asset.:D

Under Carnival site go to my profile, either log in or register, then click on cruise history.

Good Luck

Well I did just that and guess what? Yep! It is screwed up. It shows our 2nd cruise but not our first. What is funny is that we got our past guest party invites on our second cruise. Go figure. I will be on the phone with a PVP first thing tomorrow.

Archived