Cruising with 15-yr old

dadofmike

Hi folks,

I would like to take a 6-10 day cruise with my 15 yo son next summer (first cruise for both). Destination and dates are flexible, however would prefer to sail out of NYC or Bayonne, NJ since we live in NJ.

Any suggestions regarding which cruise line or ship to look for would be much appreciated. Thanks.

sailed this year out of Bayonne with a 13 yr old and 8 yr old Did the 5 nite to Canada. A bit to cool and windy for my taste next time would take the Caribbean route. The remarks from the 13 yr old. " That was the best five days of my life !!! If I could ever take another cruise ....it would be on that ship....with all the same people....Thank you Thank you sooooo much for taking me !!!!"

The VOS is really a great ship for teens....actually great for ALL ages....

The Bayonne port was an easy drive from Central Jersey and boarding was painless as was disembarktation....

Have a great time whereever or when ever you go.

We are doing the Royal Caribbean Vovager of the Seas in a couple of weeks qith a number of children.

Last year we did Carnival Legend from NY. My niece (15) brought a friend and they had a blast.

For a comparison you'll have to wait a couple of weeks!

Any questions, feel free to contact me at amy.winters@scgnet.us

Start planning - you're going to love it!

My husband and I took our 4 kids ages 8,11, 15 and 19 to the Western Caribbean last year. They all had a great time. The 19 year old did his own thing. The 15 year old didn't like the teen club, didn't know anybody so she hung out with her mom and that was fun. The 11 and 8 year old kids loved the kids clubs. We all met at dinner every night to talk and compare what we did. It was a blast!

This will be a second cruise for my husband and I, the first for my soon to be 16 year old daughter. We are cruising RCCL Navigator. I want to be sure she has a great time and meets some friends. Any suggestions from past cruisers?

My teenage daughter likes RCCL Voyager Class ships. They have the rock climbing wall, ice skating, roller blades, putt putt golf and Johnny Rockets.

Make sure they go to the party they have the first night of the cruise.

That first teen meeting is VERY important. Lots to do for teens- even by themselves.

Another thing you may want her to do--- everytime they do an activity. skate- rock climb, play golf.. tell her to get her ship shape dollar so she can get souveneirs at the end of the week with those $$.

My 15 year old daughter had a blast on Princess. She went to the first meeting, found some kids she had something in common with, and that was all it took. I never saw her, except at meals, if the ship was at sea. They didn't use the program much, but would meet there and go to the pool or hot tub (Princess has an area for kids only) until it was time to go to bed. The most important thing is to attend the first meeting. No one knows anyone at this point, so they are more open to meeting new people. Once they form a group, it can be intimidating to join in. Have a great time!:D

Archived