baby food

bia

does anyone know what to do about baby food on the cruise. we are taking a family cruise april 19 2008 carnival valor. a family of sixteen, the baby will be six months old.

we paid the same for the baby as the other children, and i know i have seen babies on board before. this will be my husband and mine 22 cruise.

does anyone know what to do about baby food on the cruise. we are taking a family cruise april 19 2008 carnival valor. a family of sixteen, the baby will be six months old.

we paid the same for the baby as the other children, and i know i have seen babies on board before. this will be my husband and mine 22 cruise.

You have to bring everything you need for the baby, food, diapers, etc. There is none of that available on the ship.

For a 6 month old you need to bring what you will need.

For an older baby, you can make arrangements once on board for a special blended diet.

I will also be traveling with a baby for the first time soon and this is what carnival told me.

Bring a baby food grinder with you. You can gride up anything you want and the waiter will rinse it clean for you when you are finished using it. I traveled extensively with my son starting when he was three months old. That baby food grinder was the best $9 I ever spent!:) !!

We cruised with our son when he was 7 months old and had to bring just about everything. The waiter brought mashed potatos and a few other things he could eat, but we really had to rely on the baby food and formula we brought. Yes, it was not really fair that we paid full price and got no food (or anything else) for him, but that is the way it goes. They will provide a crib for him - but that is about it.

my kids are a little older now, but my youngest was 7 months old on his first CCL cruise, and i had to bring everything i would need w/ me. that's not so easy when you are flying, but luckily now, i think most food comes in plastic containers, right? that'll make a huge difference w/ the weight, not to mention breakage.

bring all food, formula, diapers and wipes that you will need for the entire week. unless things have changed (and i haven't had the need to look for baby items on recent cruises, but still do not remember seeing them), you will not be able to get these things on board.

and, even though they have apple juice, i wld still bring a bottle or two of motts if you can swing lugging it. the baby is just too young to worry about anything from a shared dispenser.

make sure your stroller is small (so much easier to manuever) and can recline so the baby can sleep and not force you (or your friends?) to be cabin bound at 8 o'clock.

bring a dishwand filled w/ soap to wash bottles, and rinse (when washed), w/ hot tea water from lido to sterilize.

have a great cruise.

my kids are a little older now, but my youngest was 7 months old on his first CCL cruise, and i had to bring everything i would need w/ me. that's not so easy when you are flying, but luckily now, i think most food comes in plastic containers, right? that'll make a huge difference w/ the weight, not to mention breakage.

bring all food, formula, diapers and wipes that you will need for the entire week. unless things have changed (and i haven't had the need to look for baby items on recent cruises, but still do not remember seeing them), you will not be able to get these things on board.

and, even though they have apple juice, i wld still bring a bottle or two of motts if you can swing lugging it. the baby is just too young to worry about anything from a shared dispenser.

make sure your stroller is small (so much easier to manuever) and can recline so the baby can sleep and not force you (or your friends?) to be cabin bound at 8 o'clock.

bring a dishwand filled w/ soap to wash bottles, and rinse (when washed), w/ hot tea water from lido to sterilize.

have a great cruise.

TC has some excellent advice for cruising w/ baby. I may have to save some of this for myself should I ever be able to convince DH to have another one...:o

I would love to hear suggestions from others that have been onboard with a baby or toddler. I was planning on bringing a baby tub to fit in the shower. I have also been researching for a travel carseat to use while in port. Any and all suggestions would be very helpful. Thanks!

TC has some excellent advice for cruising w/ baby. I may have to save some of this for myself should I ever be able to convince DH to have another one...:o

thanks, mere...

and, if you bottle feed, bring a mix of RTF and powdered formula, so this way when you hit the beach, all you have to bring are a couple of bottles filled w/ premeasured spring water, and dump the powder into each bottle only as needed. you won't have to lug a cooler, and you won't have a "warming" problem.

Doesnt apply to the OP, but it appears Carnival has recently tweaked this section of their FAQ. I beileve in the past it was 6 months for all cruises

regardless of length.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Infant_Policy.aspx

Can I sail with my infant?

Minimum age for sailing will be generally 6 months and 12 months for Transatlantic, Hawaii and South American cruises. This is a company policy which takes into consideration the safety and comfort of the infant as well as the other guests. Carnival has fully researched the legality of the policy and it is not discriminatory and does not violate any applicable law. Carnival will not make exceptions and do not allow for the signing of waivers or releases to make an exception to the policy.

Fly-Aweigh infants (6 to 23 months of age) will be charged the "Cruise-Only" rate as long as the infant sits on a parent's lap on the airplane. If an airline seat is requested by the parent, then the infant will be charged the standard Fly-Aweigh rate. When an infant reaches 24 months of age, an airline ticket is required by the airlines.

My son was 6 months on his first cruise, exclusively breastfed, and had not yet started solids. He was a very easy baby to bring on a cruise :)

However, if you're not BF, or are feeding solids, then you'll likely need to cart that stuff along. I would also recommend getting a food grinder; they're manually operated and will grind up pretty much anything into a good consistency. At 6 months, they don't really eat a lot of solids anyway.

Don't forget to pack your baby spoon.

have a great cruise.

I recently cruised with family. My brother and his wife had a 9 month old baby. As was stated above Carnival dod not provide anything except a crib. However they did offer mashed potatoes at dinner for my nephew. Instead of carting all the food and diapers via the airplane ride to the port, we opted to stop on the way to the dock to purchase food and diapers.

Hope this helps.

Archived