America's Cup-book through cruise or StMaartencruiseexcursions.com?

km3045

Due to everything I've read on this board about the America's Cup shore excursion, I want to book it. The question is who to book it through. I can book it directly with Carnival or through StMaartencruiseexcursions.com. They are part of or affiliated with Island Marketing Ltd., which I've seen mentioned on this board. They are cheaper than the cruise line and sent me a very detailed email about the excursion. Should I trust them and save the money? I'm a little confused because the America's Cup website said you can only book through the cruise lines, yet this other vendor says it can book them. The difference in price would mean a lot to me. Please share your experiences with this company.

TIA for the advice.

• 2 years later...

This is an old thread, but I am cruising to St. Maarten at the end of the month and I am interested in the same question. I could pay $81 with Island Marketing Ltd (the name of the company with the website above) or the cruise wants me to pay $120. I'd love to do the yacht race but I don't want to get screwed. Has anyone gone through Island Marketing Ltd?

http://www.stmaartencruiseexcursions.com/StMaartenAmericasCup.htm

Thanks!

I would book it via Island Marketing, if their times are suitable for you. You used to be able to book directly with the company, 12 Meter Racing(?), but for cruise ship passengers, they don't allow that anymore. On Carnival it was $90 pp in May. But I would not have paid $120 to do it, or do it again. It's a great little excursion for those who have raced or are interested in racing yachts, but not something to drag uninterested family members along at those prices.

Archived