Diamond Captain

long_shot45

Yes, Ed Perrin was the captain on the Diamond Princess on the Nov. 18 to Dec. 3 Hawaii cruise. He is a very gracious man. During the bomb scare at the port this morning, he was very informative about the status of the US Coast Guard's progress of the security issue.

I am curious..... Does it reallly matter who the captain is. :confused: I trust Princess or whatever other line I sail with, will appoint an experienced and capable captain.

Personally.......I would worry more about the experience and driving record of the taxi cab driver taking me to the port. ;)

I am curious..... Does it reallly matter who the captain is. :confused: I trust Princess or whatever other line I sail with, will appoint an experienced and capable captain.

Personally.......I would worry more about the experience and driving record of the taxi cab driver taking me to the port. ;)

Are you a little irritated today?? :D

Yes, Ed Perrin was the captain on the Diamond Princess on the Nov. 18 to Dec. 3 Hawaii cruise. He is a very gracious man. During the bomb scare at the port this morning, he was very informative about the status of the US Coast Guard's progress of the security issue.

Trish Ahoy, we were literally on the bus pulling away as the pier was being emptied. How long a delay did you have, and did they determine anything of note?

In addition to a new captain, David Cole was the new cruise director. He did a fine job as well.

Trish Ahoy, we were literally on the bus pulling away as the pier was being emptied. How long a delay did you have, and did they determine anything of note?

In addition to a new captain, David Cole was the new cruise director. He did a fine job as well.

Hi....I was also on the Nov.18th sailing. Back to reality! We had about 45 min. to 1 hr delay with the bomb scare. The gentleman that took care of getting our luggage to the bus told us that the xray machine had detected something in someones luggage that was leaving our ship. They couldn't tell what it was. Guess what it was? A piece of coral. Can you believe that? lol....oh well....better safe than sorry! Sure hope the guy got to keep his coral after going thru all of that!

Rita

I am curious..... Does it reallly matter who the captain is.
I didn't used to think so, they all pretty much seemed the same. Until I sailed the Grand with Edward Perrin as Captain and he really made an impression unlike any of the previous Captains. Personable, visible, and he truly handled an emergency in a very professional manner. Given two ships the same week, I would now pick his ship any day.

I didn't used to think so, they all pretty much seemed the same. Until I sailed the Grand with Edward Perrin as Captain and he really made an impression unlike any of the previous Captains. Personable, visible, and he truly handled an emergency in a very professional manner. Given two ships the same week, I would now pick his ship any day.

So... are you telling me that the cruise you pick is based on price / itinerary / ship / .......and who the captain is. Sure some are more personable than others and some may have impressed you because of the situation ...... but...... Would you cancel a cruise if you did not get a captain you wanted. :rolleyes:

Chase, yes and no. LOL. I pick first on price/general itinerary/cruiseline. And not necessarily in that order. If at that point I have more than one choice left, then I would look at captain/aft room availability/ship size and other factors. Captain is now just one more of those factors, where in the past it did not come into play at all.

Archived