Silly question about Princess excursions

Royalpair

We are new to Princess, and just pre-reserved our shore excursions. However, I didn't see a spot where it said to pay. On all the other trips we've taken, you paid when you made the reservation. My DH couldn't find it either:). Any help is appreciated!

We are new to Princess, and just pre-reserved our shore excursions. However, I didn't see a spot where it said to pay. On all the other trips we've taken, you paid when you made the reservation. My DH couldn't find it either:). Any help is appreciated!

This is one way that Princess has a better idea. The shore excursions will be charged to your shipboard account which you will clear (usually to a credit card) on the day the cruise ends. Thus you do not actually pay until you get your credit card bill after the cruise.

One benefit of this is if you change your mind about which excursions to take, you do not have to worry about credit card refunds. (For 98% of the shore escursions, you can cancel them on board usually until sometime the day before the excursion.)

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking maybe something like that. But then again, if people don't pay up front, their not as committed to going. Since we just paid for the cruise, etc, it's nice to know some of the expense will be spread out.

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking maybe something like that. But then again, if people don't pay up front, their not as committed to going. Since we just paid for the cruise, etc, it's nice to know some of the expense will be spread out.

As stated above, you will be charged for the excursion when the excursions for that port closes (usually 24-48 hours before the port stop). So read the info on the tickets (your cabin steward will give you the tickets on the first day of the cruise) to make sure you know when the deadline for cancelling is. If you have scheduled more than one excursion for the same day, you'll want to check when each one begins and ends as sometimes the times may change from when you booked them.

If you do decide to cancel, take the envelope down to the shore excursions desk. Usually there will be a box that you can drop the tickets into. Also by the desk will be a board listing all the excursions and indicating which ones are still open.

As stated above' date=' you will be charged for the excursion when the excursions for that port closes (usually 24-48 hours before the port stop).[/quote']

Actually, they will be placed on your onboard account by the time you get on board. If you opt out before the deadline, your onboard account will get a credit.

Princess makes it very easy for you: there's a drop-off box right in front of the Shore Excursion Desk so you dont' have to wait in line or wait until the desk opens to drop off tickets you want to cancel. There are also forms right there that you can fill out and drop in the box to sign up for another tour. Over the past few years, I've rarely seen more than 1 or 2 people at the Shore Desk at any one time.

If you want to pre-pay some of your expenses, you can always "give" yourself an onboard credit as a gift.

There is also a reminder in your daily Princess Patter newletter that you receive every nite for the next day. Make sure you check that out. You usually have 24 hours to cancel if you wish.

Marilyn

Archived