Serenade suggestions

jo797

Here are my favorite things about the Serenade (and the entire Radiance class):

All that wonderful glass!!! Make sure to take the elevators to deck 13 and be looking out to sea as you go up!!

Thermal suite in the spa. A pay for area of the spa that has heated mosaic tile benches (great for taking naps on), a sauna (with more of the great nap taking benches), an aromatherapy room, a steam room, and tropical showers all with a gorgeous view out to sea!

The Seaview Cafe. On deck 12 above the Windjammer. It is a made to order cafe with no extra charge except for drinks. Menu includes things like chicken tenders/wings, sandwiches, soups, salads, etc. The only thing I wouldn't recommend is the fish sticks. You can eat there or order and take food to other parts of the ship.

The self leveling pool tables, even fun to just watch, especially when the ship is rocking!! These are found in the area between the Schooner Bar and the Safari Club (called the Game Preserves on the deck plan). You check out the balls at the Schooner Bar.

The helicopter pad has great views. To get there, go out on the promenade deck and go forward. You'll find a flight of stairs that will take you up to the helicopter pad.

The outdoor seating in the Windjammer. Behind the Windjammer, they have seating available that overlooks the wake. It's a great place to eat with a view.

Wrona and I both love this ship!

Take the outside elevator up to the 13th deck to see the cows. (Yes, really.)

Go to the Crown and Anchor Club and look DOWN through the Atrium. (My DH likes to stand on that window! :EEK:

The helicopter pad is the best place to be to see the Pitons in St. Lucia.

I agree about the Seaview Cafe. We would go there after we got back from our excursions and share a sandwich. We especially like the Cuban. Don't eat too much, though or you will be full for dinner (we ate late). This is also a nice place to be for sailaway from the islands.

I have some pictures of the ship and the ports in my signature.

You will love this ship!

I have to concur with the above about the Thermal Suite and the Seaview Cafe. Another room at the spa is the Rasul room. You and your partner (or partners as there is pricing for 3 :eek: ) are locked in a room with a ton of spa products from face mud masks to body scrubs and massage oils. There's a hugh shower to...er.. wash up in and a 3 seat sauna. Just on the Brilliance and it was $70 USD for an hour or you could get unlimited usage for the entire 12 night cruise for $189 USD. You got to do it at least once....the Rasul room I mean :D

The helicopter pad is the best place to be to see the Pitons in St. Lucia.

When I was on the Serenade three weeks ago the ship didn't sail close to the Pitons like it has in previous years. By the time we reached the Pitons it was completely dark (due to the ship sailing very slow when it left St. Lucia).

At the welcome back party the captain stated this would no longer be happening - he didn't elaborate why but most people feel it is due to fuel costs :(

Regardless, the helicopter pad is still a great place to be when leaving port and to see beautiful sunsets :)

When I was on the Serenade three weeks ago the ship didn't sail close to the Pitons like it has in previous years. By the time we reached the Pitons it was completely dark (due to the ship sailing very slow when it left St. Lucia).

At the welcome back party the captain stated this would no longer be happening - he didn't elaborate why but most people feel it is due to fuel costs :(

That probably is the reason. Also, last year when he tried to pull the ship between the mountains, there was a local out in a boat that would not get away from our ship. (He was hoping people threw money over for him to dive for.) For safety reasons, the captain didn't pull the ship all the way into the bay, nor did he do the Piton Pivot. It is too bad that this is being eliminated, as has been the sailing by Monserrat and the pivot there. Fuel costs do drive an industry. :(

Seaview Cafe - alot of people miss this. We got take out and brought the food back and sat on our balcony....it was great.

Chops - yummo

Schooner Bar - used this bar more than on the voyager size ships....fav bar on this ship

Decor - loved the color scheme....by far the prettiest ship I had ever been on.

I have to concur with the above about the Thermal Suite and the Seaview Cafe.* Another room at the spa is the Rasul room.* You and your partner (or partners as there is pricing for 3 :eek: ) are locked in a room with a ton of spa products from face mud masks to body scrubs and massage oils.* There's a hugh shower to...er.. wash up in and a 3 seat sauna.* Just on the Brilliance and it was $70 USD for an hour or you could get unlimited usage for the entire 12 night cruise for $189 USD.* You got to do it at least once....the Rasul room I mean :D

Am I understanding the pricing correctly ($70 a couple for an hour but only $189 for the entire cruise unlimited?)

The Serenade is my favorite of the five ships that I have sailed. Make sure you take some time to wander around and see all of the artwork. I used to climb all of the stairways just to enjoy all of the interesting pices on the landings. Even the hallways had great artwork on the walls. Have a great cruise.

Am I understanding the pricing correctly ($70 a couple for an hour but only $189 for the entire cruise unlimited?)

I just got off the Serenade and the thermal suite was $70 a person or $115 a couple for the entire week. If you wanted to go for just one day it was $15 for a day pass. There was no hourly rate.

If you bought the weekly couple pass you could add a 1 hour Rasul session to the package but I don't remember how much extra it was.

I am guessing the Serenade pricing is cheaper than Brilliance due to it being a 7 day cruise (I believe the Brilliance does mostly 10 and 11 night cruises).

That probably is the reason. Also, last year when he tried to pull the ship between the mountains, there was a local out in a boat that would not get away from our ship. (He was hoping people threw money over for him to dive for.) For safety reasons, the captain didn't pull the ship all the way into the bay, nor did he do the Piton Pivot. It is too bad that this is being eliminated, as has been the sailing by Monserrat and the pivot there. Fuel costs do drive an industry. :(

Hearing that makes me sad! I have really been looking forward to doing that again - I've been telling my DH all about it. I do remember our captain announcing that the locals do go close to the ship & not to toss anything over.

• 2 weeks later...
I just got off the Serenade and the thermal suite was $70 a person or $115 a couple for the entire week. If you wanted to go for just one day it was $15 for a day pass. There was no hourly rate.

That price per couple is great!! We wanted to try things we haven't done on previous cruises (the spa being one of them :eek: ) and this might be the ticket!

Thanks for the information!

love hearing all about the serenade.

Anyone just recently back??? give us some new ideas to keep us going!!

Just back! Ladies' Pamper night in the spa on Tues/Weds (Antigua / St. Lucia nights). Good specials!

Make your Chops/Portofino reservations early as they do book up completely and quickly.

For the golfers...St. Lucia is the best golf course offered through the ship but some of the others are nice too.

Some of the nicest crew around!

Hearing that makes me sad! I have really been looking forward to doing that again - I've been telling my DH all about it. I do remember our captain announcing that the locals do go close to the ship & not to toss anything over.

Same local was there when we were on Serenade last year, too. However, the captain did go all the in between the Pitons and spun the boat - 2 or 3 times, with the local maneuvering in there under the balconies the whole time.

Jodi

Thanks sooooo much for the tips! When is the best night to go to port/chops? In other words, whaen is the least favored night in the DR? We love seafood. Thanks!

We booked Chops and Portofino for Tuesday and Wednesday night (this was when the DR had the Caribbean menu and the Crown & Anchor Menu).

My least favorite nights for the menu in the dining room was the first formal night and the last night in the DR. However, we wanted to enjoy formal night and the last night onboard in the dining room so that is why we decided to go with Tues/Wed.

There is a great little card/game room off the main lounge area. You wouldn't know it was there unless you looked for it. They had all sorts of games and it was empty a lot of the time. We spent a great evening in there playing card games and getting loopy on foo foo drinks--the assistant cruise director even joined us for a bit. Serenade is a beautiful ship!

Archived