Any other 4AM risers out there? (no nasty comments please)

sawmillbarb

I usually awaken about 4AM and hubby sleeps til 7. No problem at home, but I'm wondering what I can do when I'm up at this outrageous hour onboard?

Any places open to eat at that time on the Legend?

Gym/stores open?

Any ideas appreciated.

Barbara

Depending on the ship youare on...there may also be couches and lounges inside on the promenade that you can relax on and look out the window....but I usually go sit on the lido deck with some coffee and chat with the other early risers. :cool:

I usually awaken about 4AM and hubby sleeps til 7. No problem at home, but I'm wondering what I can do when I'm up at this outrageous hour onboard?

Gym/stores open?

Any ideas appreciated.

Barbara

Just As on land not much is open then. I always go to Lido deck with a book to drink coffee, read, and people watch. Folks seem to understand we have at least one thing in common being up that early.:D

I love just sitting quietly with my cup of coffee and waiting for sunrise. It is so peaceful that early in the morning. I have enjoyed talking with crew members during this time. If you are on Lido they will often walk over and strike up a conversation. The walking track is also nice this early in the morning.

Gym/stores open?

Any ideas appreciated.

Barbara

Put a travel mug in your luggage, you can fill it at the lido buffet. If you don't have a balcony, on Fantasy class ships there's a great little patio out the back doors of the buffet. Perfect for mornin coffee and watching/listening to ship's wake.

The early morning is the best time on the ship! I get coffee and go to the front of the boat or Lido and depending on the day either watch the port of call come into view or relax in a deck chair. I also found this to be a great time to explore the ship by yourself with nobody around. Very peacefull.

Ditto everything that has been said.

It's great if you have a balcony, but not really needed as the ship is quiet and extremely relaxing. Coffee is always available in the buffet area; the gym opens at 6 am on most ships and shop openings are even later.

The sea, the sky and your own thoughts are all of the entertainment you'll have - and probably much more than you will need.

If you're inclined to keep a little journal, this is a perfect time to write.

Enjoy!

Ditto everything that has been said.

It's great if you have a balcony, but not really needed as the ship is quiet and extremely relaxing. Coffee is always available in the buffet area; the gym opens at 6 am on most ships and shop openings are even later.

The sea, the sky and your own thoughts are all of the entertainment you'll have - and probably much more than you will need.

If you're inclined to keep a little journal, this is a perfect time to write.

Enjoy!

Nicely put, mooline.

It really is a wonderful time for reflection and an even better time for writing. I wrote most of my review of the Conquest (which ended up at 19 pages...) in the early morning. There are very few people about to distract you and the quiet is nice.

If one is so inclined, a laptop makes a great companion and the internet connection is quit a bit faster in the early AM hours. Makes it easy to catch up on the news and whatnot should that be your thing.

It's my favorite time aboard ship. It may stem from my time in the Navy, when that might be the only peaceful time you could have all day.

On most ships, there is a place forward where you can go and watch as the ship makes it's initial approach into most ports.

Here are some of my favorite pics from sunrise heading into Guatemala.:)

http://sports.webshots.com/photo/2613903300102098658YBIyKE?vhost=sports

http://sports.webshots.com/photo/2066546470102098658zksQCU?vhost=sports

http://sports.webshots.com/photo/2972023310102098658oMfAXU?vhost=sports

I was up about 5am last cruise and on the last day it was beautiful. The last day when we were parked in the Tampa port with the Tampa skyline was spectacular. I grabbed my coffee and enjoyed the fresh air and the city lights. During the week its just night to see the ship lights in the dark and the sparkle of the water. It was very peaceful and relaxing.

Iv gotten up at 3 a.m or 4 myself and I go up to the pool and look for a cup of coffee and chat with the smokers. Seems like the smokers all huddle in one area. Im not a smoker, but usually there are people up there smoking at all hours to visit with.

I do wish they had breakfast earlier for us early risers.

I think you could order to your cabin, but I never know when Ill feel like getting up and once Im up I want to check out the pool deck and not sit around my cabin when someone else is sleeping.

i am also up by 4 am i go walk the walking track for 45 minutes then sit back on the lido deck enjoying a cup of tea.

Iv tried that with little luck. Seems like more often than not the jogging track has been closed because of wind so I have to wait for the gym to open. I must have bad luck, the jogging track has been closed so often.

But thats another good thought if it is open. Take a walk topside.

I am also an early riser and my husband sleeps in. I usually tip toe out of the cabin and up to the Lido deck for coffee with other early morning riser. This trip, I have the aft balcony with separate bedroom so I can just close the door to the bedroom and enjoy my cabin and balcony without disturbing him. I think that alone is worth the extra $$ for that cabin. ;)

I get a cup of coffee, do my Bible study, take a walk and At 6 I get a croissant. I then read until my hubby gets up around 7 or 8 and then have a real breakfast with him in the dining room.

Early is great. We always have a balcony but it disturbs my hubby when I have the light on out there reading.

I am always up at 4am on a cruise.

I grab a cup of coffee, throw a few personal items on some deck chairs by the pool, and then back to bed til about 11am

KIDDING >>>>>>>>>>JUST KIDDING :) :)

I was just about to get up to make some popcorn... lmao :D

My DH gets up that early, grabs his book and goes for pizza:D . He tells me that he sometimes has great conversations with the other people up that early and other times he's greatly entertained by the people who are still up from the night before and their antics:eek: .

I am also an early riser and my husband sleeps in. I usually tip toe out of the cabin and up to the Lido deck for coffee with other early morning riser. This trip, I have the aft balcony with separate bedroom so I can just close the door to the bedroom and enjoy my cabin and balcony without disturbing him. I think that alone is worth the extra $$ for that cabin. ;)

I agree! Money well spent. ;)

Archived