Well, I called Royal Caribbean today...

EchoSix

Ahah!

So next November 29, 2008, the Serenade of the Seas will have this same group on board.

You know how we have a Current Captains thread and somewhere a Current Concierge thread, well......

Maybe we should put together a Known Group Thread?

Leslie

I am booked on this particular cruise and I just found out today about this Pied Piper group cruise for Gays....is it very hard for my travel agent to get us taken off this week and moved to another week due to this large cruise group that I am not sure I personally want to use my vacation week to be around and utilize my hard earned money to be inconvenienced by as I have been reading on cruise critic here. Help please to tell me how to get RCCL to let booked passengers know that this kind of group is also scheduled ...how do I get out of this cruise and get moved to another week. Shouldn't there be some kind of understanding from RCCL for people who are bothered by this??

CincinnatiGal:mad:

I for one, would like to be told if a large group is on my sailing. So if anyone knows of one on the 6/14/08 sailing on Liberty please share your info. This is not the same as "would you tell your best friend her husband is cheating." Information is power and with information you can make an informed choise. Some may not care one way or the other about a large group and others may. By informing one of a large group on their sailing is not telling them not to go so I do not see the harm.

RC isnt' going to tell you and neither is any other cruiselines... there's too much money to be lost in telling you this information...

You have to be proactive in your vacation investment and do the research...

Just enter your ship, the sailing date, and "group cruise" into google... see what, if anything comes up...

Since you're sailing in June, chances are you will be free and clear of group cruises...

But the responsibility is yours, not the cruiselines, to research your vacation and issues that may annoy you - such as group cruises...

Cinncinati--

Sorry about your situation but you can cancel now without penalty & then look for something else-- don't let the cruise line or your TA put you into a situation you will not be happy with... reality os not going to change!

08 is a year away & even if things seem booked right now--there are always last minute bargains & possibiliites...

We had to cancel a cruise last minute due to a med issue..I was so sad that we could not find somthing a few months out-- i kept checking back & then a great rate & cabin popped up & we grabbed it! it was a better deal then we had originally & we enjoyed it !

Cinncinati--

Sorry about your situation but you can cancel now without penalty & then look for something else-- don't let the cruise line or your TA put you into a situation you will not be happy with... reality os not going to change!

08 is a year away & even if things seem booked right now--there are always last minute bargains & possibiliites...

We had to cancel a cruise last minute due to a med issue..I was so sad that we could not find somthing a few months out-- i kept checking back & then a great rate & cabin popped up & we grabbed it! it was a better deal then we had originally & we enjoyed it !

Thank you for your responses to my problem...I do think everyone needs to voice their opinions here to get RCCL to realize that many people are not comfortable and do not want to spend their vacation dollars watching other passengers not acting appropriately before their eyes. I want to be able to use all areas of the ship and not be shut off from certain areas because some big group takes over certain areas and others on the same cruise paying higher rates I might add cannot go into those areas. WHat again I must say is RCCL thinking to put out good loyal RCCL passengers from enjoying their vacations that they haved saved for all year to take just so a wild bunch of group travelers can take over. I say ---Pied Piper run a cruise group trip by buying out the entire ship so that others trips are not compromised by the action(s) of your group!

CincinnatiGal

• 4 weeks later...

What exactly made everyone so upset? I have been trying to find out what the problems were, but so far there have been no details of the exact behaviors that were offensive. All I can find are vague accusations and hyperbole.

I heard people allude to inappropriate behavior, but what was it?

I heard whole lounges were off-limits for the entire cruise, which ones?

It was easy to know that Pied Piper had 800+ members long before the sail date. All you had to do was read the Roll Call thread for that cruise. Members of the group were quite open about how big the group was going to be more than a YEAR before the sail date.

In short, I think a lot of people just get weird about "teh ghey":eek:! And guess what, that's OK.

If you don't want to be on a ship with "those people" you can go to Pied Piper Travel's website and see which cruises they are organizing groups for. Believe you me; I know when National Review magazine is hosting a group, no matter how small.

Peace out

Oh oh looked on that web site and Solstice (Celebrity) has a pied piper cruise listed for her maiden carribean cruise. going to look over on Celebrity forums and see if this is an issue there. :eek: Going to have to rethink the family cruise proposal now before the $$ gets spent

Honestly I don't think any of the cruise lines will change their policies regarding announcing groups booked. They would lose $$$$. This is not new, we had issues with a large group in 1997 on the Grandeur.

###

Suppose Royal Caribbean announced a group of 200 were sailing, and everyone else booked elsewhere, afraid of being uncomfortable. They end up with 200 (and perhaps a few extra couples) on a cruise designed for 2000?:rolleyes:

Archived