RCCL is moving from Miami!!!

Well Crap,my article is now a purcahse only article,on globestreet.On Oct 24th

But here was the headline

Royal Caribbean Inks 267,250-SF Lease With IDIBy Natalie Keith

WESTON, FL-The cruise line will occupy the entire Building F at Weston Business Center under terms of the long-term lease.

Fitz,you may be right,but I remembered it as Port Everglades as well.

And you are correct,they are only moving their offices...

not to worry! No Royal Caribbean iS NOt pulling out of the Port of Miami! The Genesis Class ships will be out of Ft.Lauderdale (Port Everglades)! In 2009 the Monarch of the Seas will be transferred from port in San Pedro, CA to Orlando's Port Canaveral and the Marinier of the Seas will then replace the 7 night Vision of the Seas in San Pedro to continue with the Mexican Riveria sailings!!! I believe the Vision if I remember what our L.A. told me is that the Vision is being transferred to their new line they just acquired (European based line) I forgot the name sorry! My Hubby and I were told all of this information by the L.A. on our recent November Explorer sailing!!! No worries Royal Caribbean cruise ships will still be sailing from the Port of Miami!!! Whatever Royal Caribbean web site lists is all the current and correct information on all sailings! This is why news reporters need to comfirm their resources and stories before they release inaccurate information out to the public! I'm sure RCCL will be thrilled to get tons of phone calls based on this incorrect information that they are pulling out from the Port of Miami, no, I don't think so!!! Happy Sailings and Bon Voyage!!! Melissa

Well Crap,my article is now a purcahse only article,on globestreet.On Oct 24th

But here was the headline

Royal Caribbean Inks 267,250-SF Lease With IDIBy Natalie Keith

WESTON, FL-The cruise line will occupy the entire Building F at Weston Business Center under terms of the long-term lease.

Fitz,you may be right,but I remembered it as Port Everglades as well.

And you are correct,they are only moving their offices...

I remember this article. I don't think that RCI is moving their headquarters from the port of Miami. Here is basically the same article. It states that they are moving from their Pembroke Pines office but nothing about moving their port of Miami headquarters.

http://www.idi.com/newsarticle.aspx?i=92

I also think that Clark Howard got his wires mixed up. Don't believe everything he writes.

Very interesting.

I have an upcoming cruise on Brilliance in April & have not got my airline tickets into Miami yet. Wonder if I will still be sailing out of Miami, or Port Canaveral or Port Everglades?

Guess I'll get on the phone and see if the RCCL res agents know anything about it......:rolleyes:

Denise, they are not moving the Brilliance. This is a case of someone getting their wires crossed.:)

not to worry! No Royal Caribbean iS NOt pulling out of the Port of Miami! The Genesis Class ships will be out of Ft.Lauderdale (Port Everglades)! In 2009 the Monarch of the Seas will be transferred from port in San Pedro, CA to Orlando's Port Canaveral and the Marinier of the Seas will then replace the 7 night Vision of the Seas in San Pedro to continue with the Mexican Riveria sailings!!! I believe the Vision if I remember what our L.A. told me is that the Vision is being transferred to their new line they just acquired (European based line) I forgot the name sorry! My Hubby and I were told all of this information by the L.A. on our recent November Explorer sailing!!! No worries Royal Caribbean cruise ships will still be sailing from the Port of Miami!!! Whatever Royal Caribbean web site lists is all the current and correct information on all sailings! This is why news reporters need to comfirm their resources and stories before they release inaccurate information out to the public! I'm sure RCCL will be thrilled to get tons of phone calls based on this incorrect information that they are pulling out from the Port of Miami, no, I don't think so!!! Happy Sailings and Bon Voyage!!! Melissa

The Monarch is coming to Pt canaveral in 2008..not 2009..........

The Vision is doing Caribbean cruises out of Santo Domingo in 2009...

And we all know the Mariner is headed out to the west coast:( Jan 4th,2009...

I'm not well informed on this subject, but here's what common sense says to me:

A large percentage of America's population lives on the East coast; the South is growing with leaps and bounds as industry leaves the expensive Northeast and heads to the union-free, low cost of living Southern states. This means that MANY, MANY people live within driving distance of Florida.

For us, Port Canaveral is a one-day drive; Miami is either a marathon drive or two-days on the road. BOATLOADS of people live within this same timeframe. For us, if we can drive, we'll cruise! But if flying (times four people) is a necessity, we'll have to look for a less expensive vacation.

Furthermore, many people like the idea of extending their cruise vacation with a stop in Orlando, which is less than an hour from Port Canaveral.

Port Canaveral looks like good business sense to me!

and I would surely believe the Sun Sentinal before I would believe Clark Howard. So headquarters is not moving to Port Everglades, but the two new ships will come out of there. Miami will still have plenty of RCI ships. They will just be using Port Everglades more. Let's face it, RCI keeps putting out more ships, you need more port space!:D

I'm really curious as to why Royal Caribbean HQ is "jumping ship" out of the Port of Miami.

It isn't, but this thread is a perfect example of how one piece of misinformation can grow into a complex set of half-truths, unfounded speculation, and dare I say, panic.:rolleyes: I guess the original report demonstrates the truth of the old nostrum about not letting the facts get in the way of a good story. :D

Personally, I would love to see the move to Port Canaveral! I am not a big miami fan, to me the city is not as nice as lauderdale or the surrounding Orlando area.

Usually tickets to Orlando is much cheaper, hotels are cheap, and there is a LOT More to do if you wanted to spend a few days there (Theme parks obviously, but cheaper beaches to stay at rather then the very much over priced miami beach).

But again thats just my opinion, but I guess I am happy with the ft. lauderdale move. It is a much cleaner, safer town.

Hi Everyone !

While I have no link to prove it, I am 99.9999% sure Royal Caribbean is NOT moving their headquarters to Orlando. They are very entrenched in South Florida. I am certain the article link posted earlier in this thread has some errors in it.

I mentioned on here quite some time ago, about the probability of the first Genesis ship being homeported at Port Everglades. While I was right about that.... getting BOTH Genesis ships homepoerted at PEV is a big surprise, and a HUGE Win for Port Everglades. That is big news indeed !

It isn't, but this thread is a perfect example of how one piece of misinformation can grow into a complex set of half-truths, unfounded speculation, and dare I say, panic.:rolleyes: I guess the original report demonstrates the truth of the old nostrum about not letting the facts get in the way of a good story. :D

Actually the best thing the mods could do is remove this thread as it is very misleading. I bet the folks at RCI sit back and laugh their butts off at threads like this. I know I would.:D

The Sun Sentinel has video of Adam Goldstein, RCI CEO/President discussing the homeporting of the Genesis ships in Port Everglades in front of the Broward County Council. The RCCL Board of Directors must ratify this decision on Dec. 18.

I guess the Radiance will have to leave PE. Where is she going to be placed.

Radiance will do South America for winter/spring 2008/2009. Independence is coming to Port Everglades to do the alternating 6 day Western/8 day easstern that Jewel and Radiance do now.

I'm really curious as to why Royal Caribbean HQ is "jumping ship" out of the Port of Miami.

Moving corporate office is not unusual. Considering the C&A Society also has offices in Kansas I'd reckon that a move my include a better land/building deal than it is available in Miami. Maybe a merger and consolidation of offices.

RCI could never move ships out of Miami. It is a strategic and better location in its access to the Caribbean.

Moving corporate office is not unusual. Considering the C&A Society also has offices in Kansas I'd reckon that a move my include a better land/building deal than it is available in Miami. Maybe a merger and consolidation of offices.

RCCL moved some of its operations to Kansas and now Washington state to spread out weather risks especially hurricanes. After Hurricane Andrew, some of their employees had nowhere to live (homes destroyed or damaged) so they lived onboard the Nordic Empress (now Empress of the Seas).

RCCL moved some of its operations to Kansas and now Washington state to spread out weather risks especially hurricanes. After Hurricane Andrew, some of their employees had nowhere to live (homes destroyed or damaged) so they lived onboard the Nordic Empress (now Empress of the Seas).

That makes sense.

I believe the Vision if I remember what our L.A. told me is that the Vision is being transferred to their new line they just acquired (European based line) I forgot the name sorry! Melissa

No Melissa, its Sovereign that has been transferred to Pullmantur. She's leaving PC the end of October 2008. Empress leaves for Pullmantur the beginning of March 2008. Vision will be homeported in 2009 in Santo Domingo for the S Caribbean runs that Legend will be doing in 2008.

SherriZ366 - Are you sure there is an RCCL site in Washington? They built a large call center in Oregon a couple years ago, but I'm not aware of anything in Washington and would love to know where it is if it's here!

Archived