Galley Tour?

isyer1

I am into Cooking and would love to Visit the Galley? Is this even possible? Any experiences?

As previously posted, you will see a cooking demo followed by a very quick, rushed run through the galley. You really won't get to see very much as it is done during a time when nothing is going on.

We had our friend, who is a master chef, with us this past summer and we did a very in-depth tour of the galley. He had served on board an aircraft carrier in Vietnam as a master petty office in the kitchen and was amazed at the differences and similarities that existed between troop ships and luxury liners. They really treated him well.

We have also had our own private tour simply by befriending the Food and Beverage Director. His tour was fabulous - maybe he just was having a quiet cruise or something, but he really took the time to explain and answer all of our questions.

Remember, unless you ask, the answer is always no.

Charlie

When we were on the Golden P. in '05, we went to the demo and Galley tour. We actually met the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef on deck just before sail away. Now I'm a Chef so seeing any kitchen is great. It was funny, we were meandering through the galley and the tour guide was too far ahead so I started telling people around me what this was and that, ie Tilt Skillets, Alto Shams(sp). We were having prime rib that night and could smell them cooking. I love all the stainless steel, including the ceiling.

BTW, this thread will probably be moved to Cruise Foodies. In Feb. next year if they have one on the Crown, it's a safe bet that I'll be there.

Archived