Priceline area for port of Miami

tigercat

If I wanted to try priceline for a hotel room pre and post cruise what area should I be looking at? There are so many different areas. It is just my sister and I so I want something that will be safe and easy to get to and from the port and the airport.

tigercat

Depending on when you need the room, if you want a "sure thing" as far as hotel of your choice, you might not want to use Priceline. Once you go thru PL the rooms are non-cancelable. If you aren't familiar with Miami area, you and your sister might feel more comfortable with the hotel of YOUR choice. You might want to read some of the recs on this board too. There are a couple other areas you might find attractive. Have a great time!

Hi,:) Downtown Miami has 2 good choices in the 4star category

via Priceline.

I sail solo and would be happy with both....and I got one:D I

put a bid in of 100.00 and got the Intercontinental. The other 4star

is the Hyatt. Both are in the downtown zone.

Going 2 weeks from TONITE:D sailing 2 weeks from TOMORROW:)

If I wanted to try priceline for a hotel room pre and post cruise what area should I be looking at? There are so many different areas. It is just my sister and I so I want something that will be safe and easy to get to and from the port and the airport.

tigercat

If you go ahead and start bidding, make sure you check the rate of the rooms at the hotels' web site, so you have somewhere to start your bidding. You don't mention when you need the rooms. If the dates are in peak season you won't get the 4 star hotels mentioned here for $100. Do your research before bidding.

I did priceline back in Sept. for our cruise in Feb./08 and ended up airport four star $190.00 and got Marriott Golf and Spa Resort, I went as high as that for four star downtown Miami and no go, so maybe it depends on time off day, a lot of hotels are booked late Jan and Feb. due to Rachel Ray and Iron Chef show going on as well as I believe Boat show,so if you are going during that time you had better book soon.

sailorwife

I did priceline back in Sept. for our cruise in Feb./08 and ended up airport four star $190.00 and got Marriott Golf and Spa Resort, I went as high as that for four star downtown Miami and no go, so maybe it depends on time off day, a lot of hotels are booked late Jan and Feb. due to Rachel Ray and Iron Chef show going on as well as I believe Boat show,so if you are going during that time you had better book soon.

sailorwife

There are citywide events going on all winter in South Florida so dates can be hard to come by. The Boat Show and Presidents Week are mid February and the South Beach Food & Wine Festival is the last week of February.

March 23rd is Easter Sunday so you can expect hotels to be packed from the 15th through the 30th of March and the Winter Music Festival goes on right in the middle of that.

Those are just a couple of events and that doesn't even scratch the surface. If you need a hotel room in Miami between now and April, book a cancelable backup and then start hunting.

BTW, Art Basel is this weekend in Miami and will sell out South Beach and many other areas of the city.

I am sorry. I am looking at going on the 11th of April and then for one night after the cruise.

tigercat

You should be able to get a good deal on that date as the winter peak season is pretty much over by then. If you want near the port, a 4* will give you the Intercontinental or Hyatt. We prefer the Inter., but you never know for sure which you'll get. You might want to stay near the port pre cruise.

I wouldn't stay at the same hotel both pre and post. There are nicer areas than downtown/port area for a post cruise day of fun. People just like to be near the port the day of the cruise for the convenience in the morning. Read the posts of Blue Heron or Bequoia on this board and they'll recommend wonderful areas to stay.

Have a great time!!

Archived