Port Of Miami question

Love2cruisetoo

We are booked on the Carnival Valor in February and the airfare from Los Angeles to Miami is much more expensive than flying into Fort Lauderdale. I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a fairly inexpensive shuttle from Fort Lauderdale to either the airport in Miami or to the port itself? I have read somewhere on the boards about a limousine service, but that is beyond my budget. Any ideas? Thanks so much!

We are booked on the Carnival Valor in February and the airfare from Los Angeles to Miami is much more expensive than flying into Fort Lauderdale. I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a fairly inexpensive shuttle from Fort Lauderdale to either the airport in Miami or to the port itself? I have read somewhere on the boards about a limousine service, but that is beyond my budget. Any ideas? Thanks so much!

How much cheaper are the flights? Over $100pp?

been 7 years since i was faced with the same problem. the hotel i stayed at in ft lauderdale, offered shuttle service to the port for like 10 bucks a head ,but then again, that was a while ago. im sure they offer some kinda shuttle service, if it isnt that much more airfare, just fly to miami and save on time

It's just about $100.00 more per person to fly into Miami. Plus, we can fly out of Long Beach which is only about 6 miles from my house instead of flying out of Los Angeles and avoid the headache and hassle of that airport. I don't know who to contact to find out about a shuttle. Perhaps FLL would have some info on their website. We'll be traveling overnight and arrive early in the AM so we will have plenty of time to get to Miami before boarding the ship. Thanks for all your suggestions!

It's just about $100.00 more per person to fly into Miami. Plus, we can fly out of Long Beach which is only about 6 miles from my house instead of flying out of Los Angeles and avoid the headache and hassle of that airport. I don't know who to contact to find out about a shuttle. Perhaps FLL would have some info on their website. We'll be traveling overnight and arrive early in the AM so we will have plenty of time to get to Miami before boarding the ship. Thanks for all your suggestions!

I would suggest going to the Florida Departures board. There are usually 3-4 thread on the first page that deals with your question. Here is the link

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=495

I ASKED THE SAME QUESTION AWHILE BACK. SO FAR I THINK THE BEST WAY THAT I HAVE READ IS A SHARE RIDE. (SHUTTLE) IT'S $17 PP FROM FLL AIRPORT TO THE HOTEL IN MIAMI. WE'RE FLYING IN THE DAY BEFORE. VISIT WWW.FLORIDALIMO.COM FOR EXACT SPECS TO THE PORT.

IT DEPENDS ON HOW MANY PASSENGERS YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT. 8 PEOPLE SPLITTING A LIMO BETTER THAN 17 PP.

SEARCH THIS FORUM FOR MY NAME (WILSONCRUISERS) IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE OTHER RESPONSES FOR OTHER OPTIONS.

WE LEAVE THIS SATURDAY. i'LL LET YOU KNOW HOW IT WORKS OUT FOR US.

JACKIE

We are planning on flying in early the morning of the cruise (like 6:00 am) so hopefully that will be enough time in case of any delays. We are also flying non-stop so we don't have to worry about transferring or missing a flight. But now that you mention it, I really wonder if we shouldn't leave the day before just to be safe. I was really hoping to avoid a hotel charge!

Thanks to everyone for all the information! It helps a lot!!

If you can go the day before I highly recommend it. With flights as full as they are these days should your flight be canceled there is always the chance that they won't be able to put you on an alternative flight. Between mechanical issues, weather, computer glitches, airport closures, and the list goes on and on and on, I always recommend flying in at least one day ahead of the cruise.

Keith

We're flying into and staying in FL a few days before our cruise. We rented a car from Thrifty for $37/day and then we can return it to the Miami airport and they have a free shuttle to the port. That seemed like the easiest & cheapest route--especially if you need a rental car anyway.:)

We will be flying into FLL the day before and renting a car. I would never consider flying in the day of the cruise these days. Too many factors that could cause delays or other problems. You can rent a car easily for $30-$40 and return it to MIA & shuttle free to the port. We have 6 in our party and have rented a Mini Van for about $70. You just need to be sure the company has a free shuttle (several do - we used Alamo) and be aware parking in the Miami area can be an issue. Finding a spot AND paying for that spot. As far as hotel, we booked on Hotwire and got 2 rooms at the Hyatt in Coral Gables for $65 each per night so you can find reasonable lodging.

Archived