Hotel in Barcelona

pvoris01

jjdc-- Did you have any problem with the subway noise? Others have mentioned it as a problem. What floor did you stay on and is one location in the hotel better than another as far as street noise or view?

We didn't have any noise or vibration from the subway. I think we were on the 5th floor, but it could have been the 6th floor. Sorry, I was only in the one room so I can't really speak to whether there are better or worse locations. We didn't have much of a view, but we didn't have any problems with noise from the street or the subway. I'm not sure any of the rooms would really offer much of a view.

jjdc--Thanks for the reply. We are staying at the Jazz in May after our Gem transatlantic. It gets really good reviews on Trip Advisor and even though more than we would like to pay, especially with the dollar fall against the Euro, it seems to be a good value.

We are doing the 12 night Barcelona-Venice cruise on Celebrity, and we wanted to go a day earlier. Can you suggest a hotel in Barcelona or nearby that we could use or should you book this with the cruise line?

We did the same cruise in August. Claris is a bit upscale but we got a web rate of 145 Euros in the summer - and well worth it for one night. Samantha Brown ( Passport to Europe) stayed there.

My wife had her wallet stolen while sightseeing - the hotel couldn't do enough to help us - made calls to all the credit card companies - never charged us a cent for the calls. I am not sure we would go back to Barcelona but if we did - thats where we would stay.

Archived