Newbie River Cruiser Christmas Market 2007 Countdown

yellowrosetx

I can hardly believe we leave next week! I want to thank you all for the excellent tips, photos, etc. you have posted regarding the Christmas Market Blue Danube River Cruise.

WIT - your travel log and photos from last year inspired me to go. My son-in-law tried to discourage us, said it is the wrong time of year, cold weather and all.

Steamboats - your tips and insight have been so helpful. This website has been invaluable for our planning.

We finally received our docs yesterday. Packing for cold weather which will be a shock as we've been in the 70s! I plan to keep a travel diary and will post a few things upon our return.

If we like this type of cruising as much as I think we will, I plan to book another for next year.

Thanks again!

Debbie

Debbie - I wish is was going again myself. It sounds like your odds of snow are much better than I had last year. Looking forward to your thoughts and impressions. Looks like Trufflelady is going at the same time as you are - which line did you choose?

WIT

Vantage has published it's schedule for next year's Christmas markets. We are going!!!!! It will be such a neat experience--our seventh river cruise. Saw the Rick Steves special about Christmas is Europe with the markets and wish it were next week. Will be avidly reading all I can til then. Pat

WIT - Having never done a river cruise before, we ended up going with the best deal and itinerary we wanted, through Gate 1, MS Bolero, starting in Budapest, cruising from Vienna to Prague for a couple days.

I have a feeling I will absolutely love Prague and will want to return. I am hoping to do a little shopping along the way as well, family will be getting their Christmas gifts from us AFTER the trip. Hopefully, there will be quaint shops with items from the region and not China!

I've written down advice from the posts, wish we had more restaurant recommendations, I may look back through threads to see what I overlooked.

Sharon - your post was most informative about the MS Bolero as well as the ports of call details, I do have a few more questions I will formulate and post to you.

Debbie :)

Archived