transfer in Instanbul

Has anyone taken a cab from the airport in Istanbul to the ship? If so, do you remember how much it cost?

Also, did you get your visa before you left or did you get in at the airport in Instanbul?

Thanks!

As I recall the cab fare was $20 from the airport to the Mariott which was at the other end of town (across the bridge). The visa can easily be purchased right after you get your luggage. Be sure to bring cash (dollars or euros, no check, no credit card) and again I think that was about $25 each person, but I am not too sure about this.

Istanbul is a fascinating city with lots to see and do. We had a fabulous fish dinner along the waterfront a bit north of the main city. We also explored the shopping areas on our own and never felt intimidated or in danger. Have fun and enjoy.

Here is a web site that may be of interest.

http://www.*****.com/greekisles.htm

Be sure to ask a cab driver how much the fare is before you get in. Many don't use meters and will charge you an arm and a leg if you don't ask.

We had such a bad experience when the four of us took two cabs to take us from the hotel to the docks. Our friends didn't ask and ended up paying $20 for a very short ride that cost us $8 (I gave him $10).

I don't mind giving someone a nice tip, but I get mad when they try to take advantage of you.

If you plan to stay in Istanbul pre-cruise, the hotel can pick you up at the airport and arrange a cab for you to the ship the next day. This link is wonderful about travelling to Istanbul.

www.turkeytravelplanner.com We stay at a hotel that's within walking distance to all major tourist attractions. Let me know if you are interested.

Archived