Best 3-5 nighter cruise

SxyEbnyFem

Hi, I hope this post finds you in good spirits. My fellow CC'ers, I am looking for some of YOUR input.

My girlfriends and I are ready to jump on ship to somewhere HOT as we are currently freezing in MISERY (I know it's Missouri, but we really are in misery:o ). Please share with me your BEST 3-5 night cruise experience, particularly the ship.

Many thanks in advance! :D

Happy sailing,

T.

Hello T. Nice to see you posting. :D I highly recommend the Fantasy 4 or 5 day out of New Orleans. Knowing you & your friends.....ya'll would have a blast precruise in Nola. I did the 5 day in Jan & the 4 day in Oct. Booked for the 5 day again next May. Smaller ship just great service & fun group of cruisers out of Nola.

Hi, I hope this post finds you in good spirits. My fellow CC'ers, I am looking for some of YOUR input.

My girlfriends and I are ready to jump on ship to somewhere HOT as we are currently freezing in MISERY (I know it's Missouri, but we really are in misery:o ). Please share with me your BEST 3-5 night cruise experience, particularly the ship.

Many thanks in advance! :D

Happy sailing,

T.

T. I would suggest the Immagination 5 day W Caribbean to Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios Jamacia, but then again I love the ship and those particular islands.:D BTW average temp is low to mid 80's.

The Ecstasy seems to get better ratings than the Fantasy, but the Fantasy has the lower prices and its easier to get there from the airport. Fantasy might be the one Id pick too if I were not closer to Galveston.

I'm much closer to Galveston but prefer to cruise out of Nola.

i second the FANTASY. had a great roll call last year for your sailing. and the ones that have stayed in touch are doin it again. same week as last yr (just one day earlier) i not sure if it was the company i had with me on this cruise but i really enjoyed this cruise. i also like the decor on this ship too.

well best of luck picking a cruise ...so many cruises ..so little time.

Hi SxyEbnyFem,

I'm from near KC...I know your Mis-our-ee! Lived here all my life...Where in south MO are you?

We went on the Fantasy last Jan out of NOLA. With the midwest winters, you should seriously consider going down a day early, as we almost missed our flights, due to the ice storm (Jan 12/13, 2007). We ended up staying the night near the KCI airport, since we had a 6am flight and they were calling for 1/2" of ice overnight(which we got). I wish we had went down the day before, spent the day in NOLA, and NOT worry about making it to NOLA in time. I still don't know how we made a 6am flight out of KC that morning...Cruise angels, I guess.

One thing someone else mentioned was the price. We paid $164 p/p for an inside. We were already planning on going, but one of the 12 days of Christmas sale days made the price drop to $164 (Yes, this was a *5* day cruise to Costa Maya and Cozumel.) The airline flight from KC to NOLA was nearly as much as the cruise price!

The ports were GREAT! It was hot once you were at the ports. The only thing I didn't like leaving out of NOLA was that we pretty much missed deck time on the first and last day of the cruise. As you went across the northern gulf, it was pretty chilly to be outside. Of course, we were probably spoiled by the summer/late fall sailings out of Florida, but something for you to keep in mind.

GP

Hello T. Nice to see you posting. :D I highly recommend the Fantasy 4 or 5 day out of New Orleans. Knowing you & your friends.....ya'll would have a blast precruise in Nola. I did the 5 day in Jan & the 4 day in Oct. Booked for the 5 day again next May. Smaller ship just great service & fun group of cruisers out of Nola.

The Ecstasy seems to get better ratings than the Fantasy, but the Fantasy has the lower prices and its easier to get there from the airport. Fantasy might be the one Id pick too if I were not closer to Galveston.

I've done both...they both seem to hit the same ports, so I would go with what fits you better. If it's the sail dates or price and cost of airfare, let the less expensive one be the one you chose...but if you are gonna spend time before the cruise in town, NOLA has Galveston beat for a fun time...LOL

Maybe you should do the Ecstasy now and join us on the Fantasy in May...LOL :p

Hi, fellow CC'ers, I hope this bulletin finds you in good spirits.

Many thanks to all who have responded. I appreciate your input much. You've narrowed my search to make it easier for me to price cruises and airfare.

Hello T. Nice to see you posting.

Hi, Brenda!! It's been a while. I hope all has been well your way. :D

Hi SxyEbnyFem,

I'm from near KC...I know your Mis-our-ee! Lived here all my life...Where in south MO are you?

Hi, GP. I am in Springfield. Did ya hear that my area could possibly go through another ice storm like last year this weekend? BLAH! Last year, we were without electricity for 15 days! :eek: The first 2 days were fun to "camp out" at home, but after the third day, it was time to head to Branson to a resort. HA! Really, I am not that spoiled :cool: , but it was sure nice to escape to some heat and hot water.

Happy sailing,

T.

Archived