PREGNANT AND BIKINI's

Higginsrdcple

We have been on many cruises and being a mom myself in decent (not perfect) shape i have to ask all the fellow mom's-to-be ? What are you thinking in the mini/micro bikini's?

I am not offended @ all BUT there is a time and a place for wearing the correctly fitted swim suit?

What are everyones thoughts?:)

Wow, funny you should post this because I'm wondering about the same thing - I will be about 5 months pregnant for our cruise in March. I am going to buy a new bathing suit, and I am planning on buying a two piece but I'll wait until the last minute to make sure it fits right and looks good. This is my first pregnancy so it's all new to me! Right now I'm in pretty decent shape but I've already gotten a little bit thicker around the middle :confused: lol.

I wouldn't say I'd go for a "micro/mini bikini" but I think two pieces are fine? I will be interested to see what other people say.

There's nothing quite as lovely as a pregnant woman, but I really don't need to see her entire belly. I don't think it's flattering having it all hang out. Sure, those in "tinsel-town" have made it fashionable to display their "baby bump" with extremely form-fitting clothing, and bikinis, but I don't think it is appropriate. I'm not saying you have to wear the tent dresses and tops that I did 25 years ago, but we don't need to see everything. That's just my Canadian 2 cents worth.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

I think women should be allowed to wear what they feel comfortable in.

Personally I don't care to look at a pregnant woman in a micro bikini, but thankfully I have a functioning neck and can look in a different direction if it really bothers me.

Better than fat in a bikini....

I have no problem with moms to be...

I wish I could get my behind in one and I am not pregnant...trying to get my nerve up for the next trip...Unfortunately, a side effect of pregnancy can be stretch marks...so not sure the bikini thing will work out...:rolleyes:

I do not care for the trend of showing off pregnant bellies. Everyone knows that bellies grow during pregnancy, but that doesn't make it any more appealing to see. Many men have bellies that look as if there was a baby inside, but I sure don't want to see them either. :cool: Please, wear a more modest suit.

what about a tankini type of swim suit.

you would be more modestly covered for those that prefer that (wearers not lookers!!)and could easily roll the top up if you wanted more sun on your body. dont get too hot though.

i personally preferred a onepiece as it gave me more "lift" and felt more comfortable

We have been on many cruises and being a mom myself in decent (not perfect) shape i have to ask all the fellow mom's-to-be ? What are you thinking in the mini/micro bikini's?

I am not offended @ all BUT there is a time and a place for wearing the correctly fitted swim suit?

What are everyones thoughts?:)

That is the "in thing" now for young moms to show off their bellies. I don't care and see nothing wrong with it-except in the eppie of "Friends" where Rachel wore her belly baring tops in the office. I don't think any woman should bare her belly in a office setting, pregnant or not.

Ya know- just a little over a hundred years ago-women did not speak about being pg (they would whisper to their gal pals that they were "expecting")and hid their condition when in public by clothing and once they got too far along to hide the fact with clothing they stayed home. I prefer today myself. Nothing wrong or shameful about a pregnant body.

My opinion, for what it's worth: There are a lot of people in general wearing things they shouldn't (again, just my opinion),wear. This would include pregnant bellies on display, 40 year old women with three children who think they can still wear mini skirts and scooters, men who wear Speedos... the list could go on and on. As a previous poster said, I, too have a neck that functions well and am rather adept at turning my head.

Maybe it is the way I was raised, I don't know. I am more than happy to leave the bikinis and mini skirts to the twenty somethings who can pull those styles off with their toned bodies.

Dee

I read somewhere when I was pregnant that there are two types of pregancy shapes: refrigerators and basketballs.

I have no problem with pregnant women wearing bikinis. I definitely think it's easier (and probably more appropriate) to carry off the look if you are a "basketball" (that is, weight gain only in the belly) versus a "refrigerator" (weight gain all over). :)

Considering how many people on this very board had no issue with the young woman from Hooters showing off pretty much all of her anatomy on a SW airlines flight, I can't see how a pregnant woman wearing a bikini could be as offensive as that!

I'm all for a woman showing her pregnant belly in a bikini - AS LONG AS SHE LOOKS GOOD IN IT! There are many women out there that can do that (I for one wasn't one of them LOL). Just like w/anything, what you wear should fit your body well and you should look nice in it. I would have never worn a bikini during my pregnancies, I didn't just have a baby bump like some taller women do, I unfortunatly gained weight all over :( . I say, if you feel good in it and look good in it then go for it. This is the 21st century and being pregnant is nothing to hide or be ashamed about!

Personally, I do not mind if a pregant woman wears a bikini....there is nothing to be ashamed of....

I guess I am more tolerant of people and what they wear.....however, attitude effects me more than people's clothing options.

A poor attitude bothers me more than someone who has confidence in herself and wears what she feels comfortable.

Just my .02.

I think you should wear whatever you feel comfortable in... as pregnancy is a time for doing whatever makes you feel good so you are calm, relaxed, and taking care of yourself.

As I'm on vacation when I cruise :) , I really could care less what anyone else is wearing at any time. Myself, my kids, and my husband's attire are the only ones I keep track of. Even if my kids comment on something "out of the ordinary," I just say hey, you still have to follow MY rules, don't stare it's rude, and in the end, a body, clothed or not, is still just a body... not bad, not evil, not good... just kinda a "neutral" thing. Its really the inside that counts anyway.

Whenever I see a pregnant woman in a bikini, I just want to yell "You Go Girl!!".

I think that it is fabulous that a pregnant woman would show off her body.

Being that I live on the beach, I see a lot of pregnant woman in bathing suits and the worst is seeing one wearing a tent.

My daughter wore a bikini in our own pool when she was preg last year. We had quite a laught when the bottoms would roll down away from her tummy & she would have to go searching under the bump for them. She decided this was not such a good idea after she was about 4 month. Early on it was O.K. but after, the hassel with the bottoms was just not worth it. And she never wore it in public decided it did not look that great (protruding navel) & she's a very small framed girl. Go for it if you like, but watch the bottoms.

Wow, funny you should post this because I'm wondering about the same thing - I will be about 5 months pregnant for our cruise in March. I am going to buy a new bathing suit, and I am planning on buying a two piece but I'll wait until the last minute to make sure it fits right and looks good. This is my first pregnancy so it's all new to me! Right now I'm in pretty decent shape but I've already gotten a little bit thicker around the middle :confused: lol.

I wouldn't say I'd go for a "micro/mini bikini" but I think two pieces are fine? I will be interested to see what other people say.

I read some of the responses - not all. Just wanted to remind everyone that, at least on a cruise, women are not cruising 9 months pregnant. The cutoff is right around 6 months. Most women who normally would wear a bikini and are pregnant, especially first time moms, will barely have a "bump" at 5-6 months. Their bump, as it exists will still be in the "look at my cute belly" phase, not the "I have to roll my enormous body out of bed, my stomach is so big" phase or the "I can balance a glass of water on my shelf of a stomach" phase.

So, wear the two piece if you want.

It's not any different then an overweight woman wearing a bikini and that's real common nowadays.

And pretty gross (overweight and bikini) and that is coming from a plus size. My sister wore a 2 piece a few months ago in my moms pool, but it was a maternity 2 piece suit and it was cute on her.

Archived