Danube River Crusise from Nuremberg to Budapest in March

travelbug2225

I think I might post the message to the wrong board earlier. I would like to get some information from someone that done the Danube river cruise.

We plan to cruise from Nuremberg to Budapest at the end of March boarding MS Amadeus Royal. I can't find much information on this ship.

I don't know if the weather going to be too cold at the end of March.

Any information on the Danube cruise will be very helpful. Thank you

We have done the Danube - on Viking, Passau-Passau. We sailed in late October and we had mostly nice days and some rain. March wouldn't be all that different, except you wouldn't have the lovely colours in the vineyards. Spring comes late to Central Europe and it might be cooll - I would imagine temperatures around 10C which is, if I am not mistaken, around 48-50F. OK if it isn't raining, but March is a rainy month in Europe. On the "up" side there will be fewer tourists and so moving about will be easier. Just watch out that your cruise doesn't coincide with Easter though. Southern Germany, Austria and Hungary are very Catholic, and things will close down on Good Friday and Easter Monday. Tourist shops might still be open though.

travelbug,

The end of March is the beginning of the river cruise season. Depending on how the winter will be you might face high water because of the spring snow melt (see my review MS MOZART). You can also find some information about the Danube river there.

The MS AMADEUS ROYAL is owned and operated by Lueftner Cruises, an Austrain company. See more here

http://www.lueftner-cruises.at/en-index.shtml

In Vienna you will most likely dock at Nussdorf where Lueftner has their landing. This is a bit more remote and it´s a bit more complicated to get into the downtown area (app. 15 min walking to the tram stop).

steamboats

Archived