Difference between 1A and 1B?

SusieV

We're booked in a 1B cabin on Summit, near the aft but not one of the special back cabins with huge balconies.

I just noticed that we can now get a 1A cabin for the same price. The available cabins are a little further towards the middle of the ship. Is there any advantage to switching?

What is the difference between category 1A and 1B?

If you were to ask most folks who cruise they would tell you the "smoothest" ride on a large ship would be the center of the ship and the lower decks. It's just me, I always book a mid-ship cabin, so I would move.

Ps: that is not to say an aft or even a forward cabin would be "bumpy" or a "bad" place...:D

The cabins on the very back of the ship have huge balconies...4 or 5 times larger than the regular balconies..that's why you are reading that. If it's just a standard cabin, midship is great. After that I would still rather be towards the aft because the ride is a little better aft than forward.

The one disadvantage to a forward cabin is the anchor. I had one cruise where I had a forward cabin in some rough seas, and all night long I heard the anchor clang into the side of the ship. The other thing is when you dock early, you hear the anchor being let down. If you can move farther back, that is one less thing to deal with.

Jim

CC - Concierge Class is on Deck 9.

1A - Premium Class is on Deck 8.

1B - Premium Class is on Deck 7.

All three are the same size - 191 sq. ft. plus balcony.

1A's and 1B's are also being converted to CC - Concierge Class by next year.

We had a CC cabin in June and the extra touches were very nice. :D

Pick up a brochure and see for yourself.

Aloha,

We have 20+ cruises under our belts but have never sailed with Celebrity. We embark on Infinity Oct 7th in Concierge Class. Since I am diabetic, one of those small refrigerators would be handy for medicine, juice etc. The brochures and Celebrity web site make no mention. Perhaps it's standard? On RCCL the room steward has always been able to get a portable for us if the room wasn't equipped.

Also wondering if the stateroom has a tub or shower?

Mahalo

All the M-Class ships have CC now. The former 1A category became CC, the 1B category became 1A and the 1C became 1B. There is no 1C category now. Next year all three of these categories will be CC. They are converting on the May Alaska cruises as far as I know.

This question has been answered before. If you go to the Celebrity website and look at one of the "M" class ships deck plans that have cat 1 cabins it will show you the conversion date. I have included an example link showing the conversion date for Summit.

All the M-Class ships have CC now. The former 1A category became CC, the 1B category became 1A and the 1C became 1B. There is no 1C category now. Next year all three of these categories will be CC. They are converting on the May Alaska cruises as far as I know.

Mahalo CruiseyGuy for the information on the mini fridge and shower. Hadn't thought about the noise but that has been a problem on Legend of the Seas in the Suites. The jogging track is directly above them and some folks don't tread lightly.

Once again, mahalo for the information.

Keli`i

Do you remember what was on the menu that CC can get but others cannot? I know that when you are in a normal cabin you can order breakfast items they serve in the DR just by writing them on the card; is the extended menu basically what the DR serves?

Ma Bell - did you not feel there was enough room on your balcony for this or did you just prefer to be out and about? Would the attendent set the table for you if you did decide to eat there or would it be brought in ona cart and left in your room for you?

Archived