Insignia Cruise Valparaiso-Buenos Aires Feb. 2008

tobleroner

:confused:

We are booked to sail out of Valparaiso on 11th. February 2008 on the Insignia.

There are various ports of call and Oceania have given us plenty, possibly too many, shore excursion possiblities during the cruise.

If anyone has already done this trip, please let us know which shore excursions you would recommend.

We visit :

Perto Montt

Puerto Chacabuco

Laguna San Rafael

Punta Arenas

Ushuaia

Port Stanley

Puerto Madryn

Montevideo

Buenos Aires

Thanks.

Hi tobleroner,

We are on that cruise, too. I'm sure we had a thread in the Oceania Roll Calls, but it seems to have disappeared. Oh well...

I did as much research as I possibly could through old threads and Port of Call threads and googling the various places. I learned enough to be able to have clear choices for my interests and my budget, although I had to make up a mini-spreadsheet to compare some of the details. Since I have not yet been, I am not in a position to advise you but I do recommend you keep looking and you will find lots of good info to help you choose.

I JUST an hour ago got an email from O advertising that exact cruise along with a couple of others--have either of you who are on it heard about how full it is? I wish there was an easy way I could check availability for myself without having to go through a TA. Oh, maybe the final payment date just passed and they now have openings?? Thinking hard about this one--looks great!

Cathy

I JUST an hour ago got an email from O advertising that exact cruise along with a couple of others--have either of you who are on it heard about how full it is? I wish there was an easy way I could check availability for myself without having to go through a TA. Oh, maybe the final payment date just passed and they now have openings?? Thinking hard about this one--looks great!

Cathy

I wish there was an easy way I could check availability for myself without having to go through a TA.

Goto OceaniaCruises.com and choose the cruise in which you are interested. Up in the menu line, the last option is a circle with a check mark captioned "Reserve this cruise". Click that link. You will be requested to log in, or create an account so you can log in. The log in is your email address with a password you choose.

The itinerary will appear, and a green link will say, "Reserve this cruise". Click that link, then fill in the passenger information. Don't worry, you are not committing yourself to anything, yet.

Next, you will be presented with a list of available categories. For that particular cruise, at this time, there are only D, E and F categories available. Note that unlike most other cruise lines, with Oceania all the expensive cabins are booked and only the least expensive ones remain.

Choose a category, and you will be presented with a list of staterooms in that category. If you want to check another category, you can use your back button, but it will take you back to the beginning and you will have to go through several choices to get back the the cabin cateogories.

If you see a cabin you like, close your browser and call your Travel Agent You have not yet booked anything online. Of course, you could complete the online process, I suppose.

Archived