passports

bia

just spoke with ta about passports. cc has relaxed passport requirements till summer of 08. this will save my family a lot of money with all the little ones. just hope we get to miami on time.

you should be good with BC and ID's before Summer 08

But if you plan on anymore adventures in the future you should start getting them done....even if its one everyother week ...

My daughter and I applied for our passports back in mid february of this year, and it took 15 weeks to get them! I'm afraid that the SAME nightmare that happened before will happen again in 2008, only hopefully the government will be ready this time! I agree with woodey, i would start getting them now if you plan on doing anymore cruising or traveling!:eek:

My daughter and I applied for our passports back in mid february of this year, and it took 15 weeks to get them! I'm afraid that the SAME nightmare that happened before will happen again in 2008, only hopefully the government will be ready this time! I agree with woodey, i would start getting them now if you plan on doing anymore cruising or traveling!:eek:

we received our passports in one week from applying

just spoke with ta about passports. cc has relaxed passport requirements till summer of 08. this will save my family a lot of money with all the little ones. just hope we get to miami on time.

Carnival has no say in passport requirements, it is the US gov't who moved the deadline back. It's not taking much time at all right now to get passports, but as the deadline approaches, it will likely take much longer.

For those of you who intend to get a passport; the waiting times are as low as they have ever been now.

For those who are holding off on getting a passport until it is absolutely required, you may never need one unless you fly out of the country. US citizens on RT cruises from the US will not need a passport after the summer of 2008 per the currently worded WHTI last phase regulations.

Cruiselines are slow in updating their websites to reflect pending government regs particularly since they all rushed to say passports were going to be needed by Jan 1 2007, and that was later revised. If you want to know the current status of the regs or the law, look to the DHS website.

http://www.dhs.gov/xnews/releases/pr_1182350422171.shtm

For those of you who intend to get a passport; the waiting times are as low as they have ever been now.

For those who are holding off on getting a passport until it is absolutely required, you may never need one unless you fly out of the country. US citizens on RT cruises from the US will not need a passport after the summer of 2008 per the currently worded WHTI last phase regulations.

Cruiselines are slow in updating their websites to reflect pending government regs particularly since they all rushed to say passports were going to be needed by Jan 1 2007, and that was later revised. If you want to know the current status of the regs or the law, look to the DHS website.

http://www.dhs.gov/xnews/releases/pr_1182350422171.shtm

Or one could just go the the DoS website.

http://travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html

After this cruise I'm sure you will be hooked on cruising. I would not wait I would get a Passport for everyone in your family. I use mine for the D.M.V as well. In this day and age soon you will have to carry one on the street so when they stop you they can ask (YOUR PAPERS PLEASE) just like in the old German movies.

If cost is an issue, I urge you to consider that if you get your Passports all at the same time, they may be up for renewal at the same time. Better to spread their acquisition over time, so you will not be hit again at renewal time. Think about it.

My buddy (never cruised) is comming with us in February. He dicided to get a passport in case he needs to fly back to this country for some reason. He applied in early Nov and got his in 3 weeks exactly.

Now if my kids & grandkids (who are going on a family reunion cruise in July) would just get theirs in. I told them all I wanted for Christmas was knowing that their applications were in. Looks like two of the three families will make it.

After this cruise I'm sure you will be hooked on cruising. I would not wait I would get a Passport for everyone in your family. I use mine for the D.M.V as well. In this day and age soon you will have to carry one on the street so when they stop you they can ask (YOUR PAPERS PLEASE) just like in the old German movies.

i know they will be hooked on crusing, but right now they need to save what money they can. my husband and i and five of the sixteen have passports. this is a free vacation for them and needing passports for each family is causing them to spend money they could use. thanks for all your help

bia

Archived