Royal Caribbean or NCL

nicsie

We are trying to pick a cruise for our honeymoon. We only sailed on Carnvial before. We had lots of fun last time and want to try another cruise line. What are your suggestions, which one is better? Please let me know your pros/cons of both. Thanks a bunch!

I have never cruised Norweigan and it doesn't get good reviews from others here at cruisecritic that I have read-still we are considering them and on their oldest ship, because we can cruise to Bermuda from Charleston,SC instead of flying to NY or Boston. It is just so much more convenient.

To me, Royal Caribbean is very similiar to Carnival, (I have been on 6 lines) they just have more stuff to attract teens- and Carnival is geared toward for families with young children and toward singles.

But you know, to be honest, even if we know what you like and dislike, it doesn't mean you will like what I like. My favorite line is Celebrity and Princess is a close second . When we cruise with our daughter because Princess has a younger "feel" our my daughter is happier when we crusie as a family if we cruise Princess. She likes both RCI and Carnival-I am just not as happy on those lines-so Princess is a good compromise. My husband is easy-going -he does not care-as long as he is on a cruise!

I disilke the voyager class ships of RCI, as I found on my cruise the flow of the ship was not good-too many of the lounges are all concentrated in one area close to the RP-where as Princess Grand class although they have a few of the lounges in their centrum area, others are spread out all over the ship-so it never felt congested.

But many people love crowds- even people much older then me. I know one person who is in her late 70's said she loved the voyager class ships-and said I should not say older people do not like the voyager class-so I can't really say it is because I am older that I dislike the voyager class. It is because I don't feel comfortable in crowds and waiting in lines/queues.

Still, I have yet to go on a cruise I did not enjoy-some lines I like better-but I still have not found the "perfect line"-and I really enjoy going on differant lines and not the same one all the time. So I guess I feel-no matter what you choose you will enjoy your choice-and if you are like me-will want to try another line in the future.

Archived