little things you do differently the next time you cruise RC!

obsessedsc

I always take a pack of individually wrapped Handi Wipes to keep in my purse or pocket. You hear so much about viruses being spread on ships. I also try not to use the railings when taking the steps.

I also like to travel light after so many cruises I have always found I way over pack....so no more do I bring power strips or duct tape or ten tons of clothes or shoes...................

Completely agree with this! It's the number one thing I say to myself on every cruise. "Why did I bring this?" Especially when packing to disembark, I find stuff I didn't use and clothes I forgot I ever brought.

I started a new cruise game with myself where I am not allowed to have the same drink twice while on board. I get into a funk and always end up ordering the same thing over and over again. This way I get to try a whole bunch of new things. A great discovery the Washington State Apple Martini (tastes just like a red delicious apple).

I might try the same kind of thing in the dining room on our January cruise, as I am getting a bit tired of the menus. I might pledge to not order anything that I have ordered in the past.

I know I am going to order more Royal Delight coffees after dinner. My GOSH, they are good!! You could get them at Latte-tudes.

This time I expect my cruise will be different. Medical conditions have changed my life style so I have a feeling that is going to dictate a lot of things I do. Like spending more time in the fitness center and watching what I eat (I can't believe I said that). All things in moderation. Staying up late will more than likely not change. just not in the disco. I'm getting a little too old, maybe the Schooner Bar where I can listening to a piano player and watch the sea go by. Walking the deck before going to bed is another part of the routine that should not change unless affected by weather. Then read a book and go to sleep. Very often don't make breakfast because I'm on vacation and I want to just sleep in.:)

There have been plenty of threads about sharing soda cards. I'm certainly not the only one who feels that it's stealing.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=457980

Sharing a purchased canned soda is entirely different than sharing a drink from the soda card. I'm surprised anyone tries to make that comparison. I'll borrow a comment from this thread. If you went to a restaurant for dinner and ordered an entree, you could happily share with whoever you like. If you were at a buffet, you certainly could not share your food. It's the same thing.

Go ahead and laugh. I guess it's foolish to follow the rules.

There have been plenty of threads about sharing soda cards. I'm certainly not the only one who feels that it's stealing.

Sharing a purchased canned soda is entirely different than sharing a drink from the soda card. I'm surprised anyone tries to make that comparison. I'll borrow a comment from this thread. If you went to a restaurant for dinner and ordered an entree, you could happily share with whoever you like. If you were at a buffet, you certainly could not share your food. It's the same thing.

I agree 100% with you Susie

On a 3 day solo cruise I'm going to tell the cabin steward not to clean my room for 3 days. I'm not messy, with 2 towels in the bathroom I won't need a change of towels in 3 days, it'll lessen their work load and I can sleep in without feeling obligated to get up and out so they can "freshen" it in the morning. I'm not helpless; if my wastebasket gets full I can dump it when they're out and about in the hallways at night. If I need ice I can get it in WJ before it closes.

On our last cruise to Alaska on the Radiance, we had an unspoken agreement with our cabin steward. He did not come in to do our cabin until we were ready to leave for the day. When at port, he waited until we were out of our cabin, finished our breakfast, went back to pick up what we needed for going ashore (outerware, cameras, etc.), then left the room. At sea, he waited until we woke up, had breakfast, then left for one shipboard activity or another. One night, my wife fell asleep and we preferred he did not come in to turn down our beds (we could live without peppermints or the animals he usually left on the bed). At home, we clean our rooms and remove garbage. etc., but why deny ourselvesa clean cabin (every other day, we put our bath towels and hand towels on the floor to be replaced)?:)

Umm, that's theft. Soda cards are one per person. If you think it's too expensive for one each, buy your soda by the can.

Gimme' a break. :rolleyes:

Soda should be free. Do you have any idea how cheap that stuff is? They should just add a dollar to everyone's ticket and do away with the whole "package" thing entirely.

I agree 100% Susie!

Isn't it amazing that some people feel they can pick and choose the rules they're going to follow?

Umm, that's theft. Soda cards are one per person. If you think it's too expensive for one each, buy your soda by the can.

People having different opinions doesn't bother me. What bothers me is people taking over a thread to "scold" others. We are all adults. To each his own. I seriously doubt that I would agree with every decision you made in your life. It's not up to me to tell you what to do or not do. I definitely think there are more important things in life then to tell another adult what rules to follow while on vacation.

People having different opinions doesn't bother me. What bothers me is people taking over a thread to "scold" others. We are all adults. To each his own. I seriously doubt that I would agree with every decision you made in your life. It's not up to me to tell you what to do or not do. I definitely think there are more important things in life then to tell another adult what rules to follow while on vacation.

Well said. Oops, I'm doing it too!:D

This thread started out wonderful...is there even one thread anymore that stays with the subject?

:mad:

OP..I for one would really like to know more about islands you can ferry to or where you get the information. That sounds like it would be alot of fun and kind of off the beaten path.

Once to live things up we skipped the dining room for the entire week and just did the Windjammer and Specialty Rests. We brought dinner from the Windjammer to our balcony one evening (had a bottle of wine from our package) and just enjoyed the night sky and the company of one another.

The Navigator has a build in booklight. :D;)

Actually all cruise lines have a built-in light somewhere in the headboard. However, on one ship the light was positioned so that it was nearly impossible to read in bed. That's when I started bringing my own light just in case.

I think theft is a strong word here. I got a coke for DH using my coke card in the dining room while on the Majesty...the waiter said that it was okay...is that still theft? I never drink enough coke to "pay" for the card anyway...Maybe I won't buy it this time and bring on my own diet coke.

3) Never attend another shopping guide show........waste of my holiday!

This was the BEST answer yet!!! And don't even think about buying that book that they sell, its a rip off! Just my opinion...and I'll bet that someone will contradict that :p

I will enjoy the ship!

Last cruise was so port intensive I didn't get to enjoy anthing on the ship. This cruise, SOV 4 day, I am going to relax and enjoy!!!

Then again, my next cruise leaving NYE, I may HAVE to stay onboard after the partying stops!!:eek:

I will enjoy the ship!

Last cruise was so port intensive I didn't get to enjoy anthing on the ship. This cruise, SOV 4 day, I am going to relax and enjoy!!!

Then again, my next cruise leaving NYE, I may HAVE to stay onboard after the partying stops!!:eek:

OMG!!!! I am rolling on the floor right now watching your "Cats"..!!!! Where did you get those from!:D :D :D :D

I always take a pack of individually wrapped Handi Wipes to keep in my purse or pocket. You hear so much about viruses being spread on ships. I also try not to use the railings when taking the steps.

I also like to travel light after so many cruises I have always found I way over pack....so no more do I bring power strips or duct tape or ten tons of clothes or shoes...................

kidless.....great idea about the handi wipes and not using the railings when taking the steps. :eek: Thanks.

Would love to bring less of my closet next time, also. However, need to figure out where to draw the line because after years of lugging clothes and shoes around I didn't wear, decided DD and I should pack light for a 12 day trip across Europe. It seemed we packed TOO light and were constantly washing our long pants in the sink, which sometimes were difficult to dry by the time we needed them!! My one attempt at traveling light was not a success.

I will make sure to READ the compass, we missed getting tickets to the ice show:(

I wasted almost 3 precious hours the last day packing and organizing our suitcases, next time I will re-pack and stay organized so this will not happen again!

Attempt to have 1 drink at all the bars/pubs with my hubby. I don't drink that often, so this could prove to be interesting:eek:

I will make sure to READ the compass' date=' we missed getting tickets to the ice show:( [/quote']

Bring a highlighter too, so that you can easily see what you want to do. The compass is so chok full of activities that we've planned before and have gotten involved with other things and totally forgot about what we wanted to do in the first place:eek: . The highlighter helps jog our memory. Getting old I guess :p

Archived